Does your subdivision need a newsletter?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by toocool8, Apr 6, 2009.

1. toocool8

toocool8 Member

I'm generally a lurker here, except for one or two small posts, but I'm here a lot. I have a (very) small business writing newsletters for subdivisions and neighborhoods. When a community has an HOA, I work with them, but if they don't, I work with communities at the residents' request.

So my service is this: I write, publish, and distribute monthly neighborhood newsletters at no cost to the community. People are invited to submit neighborhood news, it's like their own little newspaper. All my costs are paid by my advertisers.

I currently work with Waverly Pointe, and I'm interested in expanding in the 4042 area. Does anyone have a neighborhood that would be interested in such a service? (It has to be in an area that allows soliciting---I want to abide by their neighbors' wishes.) If there's an HOA, of course, I'd like to speak with them; again, I'd like to abide by their wishes.

If you know of a neighborhood that could use this service, please feel free to post here or email me off-list.

Thank you very much!
    Donna Wallace
    www.ncgrapevine.com

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Looks like you might want to go through the webmaster for your advertisement.

Oh, yes Bluesdrumer, that is your cue. 8)

3. toocool8

toocool8 Member

Thank you, Huhgt, although I'm really looking for neighborhoods who need this for free.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Carry on than, communication is a good thing! 8)

5. toocool8

toocool8 Member

LOL, thanks there. I love this board, it's so cool to have something just for everyone in this area. I often wonder if I've bumped into someone on the street from the board :)

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Haven't bumped into you but we have talked on the phone. I was referred to you not to long ago.

7. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I think you did one for our subdivision, Hunters Mill, back in January. I remember it had Valentine's Day information on it. It was really great. Our HOA is still run by the builder, via Kornerstone, so I don't know if the owners have the ability to authorize another, but I sure would love a regular newsletter.

8. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

This is a neat idea!

9. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

:iagree:

10. toocool8

toocool8 Member

Thanks! I'm glad you guys like the idea---it's actually more of a "fun thing" than a business---but like they say, do what you love!

Harleygirl, it's funny that we've talked & I'm glad that you were referred to me. I'm always here if your subdivision needs it!

Crysta--Yes, I enjoyed doing Hunter's Mill and I'd love to get back in there! The property manager wasn't sure if people were reading it or not... so feel free to give her a call. :)

Thanks for the encouragement. I really do love it!

11. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I contacted our management company and was told that the Grapevine newsletter is only free to the subdivision for a year. After that, the community has to pay the production costs for the newsletter. Hunters Mill didn't make it to the year mark, as apparently delivery method became an issue. I was told that homeowners began complaining because the newsletters were being hand delivered instead of mailed, causing many to blow throughout the community and sometimes get wet. They said that they offered to do a newsletter with Grapevine that was distributed via email, but that Grapevine declined because the companies who advertise are paying for a certain number of circulations and that email would not meet that criteria (which makes sense). So it looks like our management company is stepping up to the plate to create a newsletter, as quite a few homeowners have expressed a desire for one. I guess we'll see how that goes.

12. swinkles

swinkles Well-Known Member

I live in Twisted Oaks and we recently received a "newsletter". I dont think it served a real purpose other than advertising for business. There wasnt really in there that pertained to our neighborhood, as in activites, groups, misc.. JMO...

13. harleygirl

Honey, I don't live in a subdivision, I called you about advertising in your *newsletter*. :lol:

Sandy @ Alarm Concepts :mrgreen:

14. harleygirl

Girl, that might be a good idea for a business!

HOLLA! :cheers: