Home Remedy for Canker Sores??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by evnchris, Apr 10, 2009.

1. evnchris

evnchris Well-Known Member

Since I know that a lot of Moms are on this thread, maybe one of you will have the home remedy I need!!

How do you get rid of canker sores (sometimes referred to as mouth ulcers?) I've always gotten them, even as a kid, and talk about painful! I have one now on my lower lip and my tongue. Talk about pain! Everytime I want to eat or talk I regret it...

...I think my fiance likes the days I have them because I'm much quieter. :)

Any help is very appreciated!!

2. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Lysine. It's an amino acid readily available at any pharmacy dept of most stores. I get them too. If I take one of these a day I never have to worry about it.

3. swinkles

swinkles Well-Known Member

Alum Powder, you can find it in the spice isle of the grocery store. Get your finger wet a little and dip your finger in it and place it on the canker sore. It is very tart and it dries it up within a day or so. It works! Hope it helps

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

People who are prone to canker sores should also watch their intake of foods that contain arginine. Think of arginine as the evil amino acid counterpart to lysine. The three foods that contain the greatest concentration of arginine is: chocolate, nuts and gelatin. This includes peanut butter, as well.

If you're not into popping pills, you can get lysine in: milk, soybeans and meat. One study I read of showed that people who had problems with canker sores didn't drink a lot of milk. The lysine tablet assures you'll get plenty of it daily.

5. JC1000

JC1000 Member

An unusual mixture, but does help!

this is not an april fool's.

mix pepto bismal and robitussin in a teaspoon and take a q-tip and apply it directly. it will sting a little bit, but it will relieve the pain for an hour or two.

6. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

Eat any yogurt with live active cultures. L-Lysine supplements definitely help, too.

7. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

If its the white ones that you get on your tongue, i clip them off with fingernail clippers.

The ones inside your lip, i used to use diluted battery acid but now i use Zilactin.

8. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Are you CRAZY? Or are you FOR REAL? Battery acid? Kids, don't try that at home:)

9. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Used to date a girl whose dad owned a body shop and i would get the acid put in a small pill bottle. Mind you it was diluted a bit. Take a q-tip and dip it in there, put it on the ulcer/canker sore and scream for a few minutes. Spit it out, rinse your mouth out really well, careful not to swallow. The sore is now black, corterized (sp) for lack of a better word and totally numb. 2 days later, no visible sign of a sore.

10. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

HHhhhmmmmm... I don't know, I would only try that as a Last LAST LAST resort:)