Ham & Yam Festival

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KB2, Apr 29, 2009.

1. KB2

KB2 Well-Known Member

Hello all, my source of endless information about this area :)

Question about the Ham & Yam festival -

What are the kid activities and are they free?

We went to a really cool festival in Holly Springs this fall where all the kiddie activities (mostly boucy houses and slides but even one or two small carnival rides) and it was all free. SO NICE!! But then there is the Strawberry Festival where each one costs $1 or more.

So I'm just wondering how the Ham & Yam festival does it and what exactly is there for the kids.

Thank you!!

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

3. KB2

KB2 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. I did actually see this when I was searching for info, but it does not say what exactly there is for the kids or what the cost is. (unless I'm just overlooking it, which is so possible for me :) )

Hoping someone here has been and and can offer up some details. :)

Anyone :?:

Thanks a bunch!

4. KellBell

I thought it did....there is a guy on here, Chris something....that promotes the downtown stuff....maybe he'll pop in and shed some light for you.

5. Jason

Jason Member

They do have kids bouncy houses just like Strawberry Festival, but they also charge about the same for tickets. They did last year anyway.

6. KB2

KB2 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the info about the kids stuff & the cost! :)

7. KellBell

8. Ham & Yam Festival...

Hey everyone! Danger Boy emailed me stating that some of you had some questions about the H&Y. There are plenty of things for kids to do.

First…there is a charge for the inflatables. I don’t know the cost per ride, but I do know you can choose to purchase them individually, or an armband. The company running the inflatables can be found at www.extremeinflatables.com

There are plenty of things the kids can do for very little or no cost. Pig races, petting zoo, “What’s That Yam Thing” contest (entries need to be in by Friday). If it gets too hot, then step inside the Howell Theatre downtown where you can catch a movie for only $2.00 per person.

3 stages of entertainment. Classic Car show and Harley ride in on Sunday. All the BBQ you can eat. Plus the Little River Band will be performing at 8:30pm Saturday night. Tickets at other venues would run you $30 to $50 a person….BUT THIS IS A FREE CONCERT!

To find out more about the Ham & Yam, times, and other stuff…go to www.downtownsmithfield.com

9. monaco177

monaco177 Guest

How do you get your classic car into the car show? What time does it start?
    I could not find any info on the car show on that website.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
  10. Ham & Yam ... Classic Car Show

Classic car show is noncompetitive and line up begins around 11:00am on Sunday. T-shirt to all participants. Contact Linwood Johnson with Southland Car Club 464-9777 for more information. There will be 4 clubs represented and should have over 120 vehicles.