Birthday Party

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by canesfan, May 15, 2009.

1. canesfan

canesfan Active Member

I am looking for a good place to have a 5 year old birthday party. It will be in August so I must consider the weather. I am not looking to spend a fortune but would like something that the kids/my daughter would enjoy. Any ideas?

2. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I would just have something at your house, outside, with maybe a slip and slide or something like that....do some games and just get some small prizes (can get them at the $$$ store). One of the games my kids played was dropping clothes pins into a jar and whomever got the most in would win a little price, another was Simon says, Red Light Green Light, there are all kinds of things you can do. You can find a lot of things for 5 year olds at the Dollar Tree. Fun, simple, easy, outside, and inexpensive.

3. Local Mom

Local Mom Member

If you haven't already, check out Screamin Mimi's near Walmart in Clayton. Great place for young kids. Had my sons bday party there (at old location).
    It was a great success. They even supply the cake!

4. micmin21

micmin21 Guest

Rainbow Lanes in Clayton is lots of fun for that age to do a party and the prices aren't bad either.

5. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

August is a great birthday month to rent one of those inflatable slides that have a pool of water at the bottom.

6. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Chick-Fil-A has some great packages at reasonable prices. I was really happy with everything that the kids got in their goody bags, the cow being there etc.

7. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

There's a little girl spa place in the area. Can't remember the name, but I think it's over by CiCi's in the Walmart plaza.

8. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

How about the Pottery Camp near the Walmart? You could pre-select the choice of items for the girls to paint which would control the cost. Then each child has something to keep from the party and remember the experience by.

9. Sporadic2000

Sporadic2000 Well-Known Member

Langley's Gymnastics. My Daughter and her friends had a wonderful time. One of the parents got stuck in the sponge cubes. It was hilarious!

10. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Kid's Clubhouse is great. You can have up to 35 children for $170, which is less than $5 per child, and by far the cheapest place I have found. If you're only having a few kids, I would just do it at the house. 5 year olds are easy to entertain, especially in a group. Little girls love to do crafts, dance, sing, dress up, etc.