Surveys / Sweepstakes

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Harvey, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Has anyone out there ever won one of those receipt survey/sweepstakes you get at big box retailers or fast food restaurants? Know anyone who has?

You know what I am talking about...those "take this survey and enter for a chance to win $5000 gift card".

2. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

most of those are scams, the last one I did it was a guy that wanted to come and show me a vaccuum and give me $500 worth of coupons..But also when you fill out these cards read them sometimes you are giving people permission to call you and sell your information to other telemarketers

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the ones that you go online to register for like for Target, Kohls, Lowes etc......yes, I have entered them, no I have not won anything, not YET anyway! :mrgreen:

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

ditto.:?

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Did win a new car from OfficeMax while living in NC. But it was not a survey, if it is a survey that you get as part of the receipt it is probably legitimate. It is an inexpensive way of getting feedback from their customers. Although I don't deal with retail operations, manufacturers are typically very interested in this information but most people have gone through survey fatigue.

6. Monkeychi1

Monkeychi1 Member

You can make a few dollars at fusioncash.net for trying products. Register, and click on the ALL tab and it will show all the offers with the highest paying ones first. Just be sure to write down or copy/paste when you have to cancel your "30 day trials" with the cancellation phone numbers, and use a calendar. You can only do each offer once, and you have to accumulate $25 before they will pay, but that's not hard. When I did it a couple years back I got about $250 during the course of 3 or 4 months. The best ones are the little dining and travel clubs that you pay a dollar to try, there's nothing to mail back and you get about $15 to try them. Use a throwaway email, of course, because you get loads of spam! Surprisingly I didn't get that much snail spam, but I was on the national do-not-call list already, which helps. Best single offer I did was Carleton Sheets: $9 to try it, $10 to ship it back, and earned $50 and the $9 refunded too- that one didn't last long. Payouts are a LOT lower now, darnit.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009