Fireworks?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Daredevil, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

Anybody else hearing them?

2. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

Yup. Was wondering what was going on. Seems a bit early for the 4th.

3. Daredevil

Yeah, dunno where they are, I can feel them, but not see them. Reminds me of the firing range @ Fayetteville.

4. twowaz2fal

twowaz2fal Well-Known Member

yeah, ready for them to be quiet now...they are shaking my house!

5. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

Great, now my 4 year old is awake and crying. She thinks it is thunder, which she is afraid of.

6. alen

alen Well-Known Member

wondered what that was......thought we might be getting shelled!

7. New2JoCo

New2JoCo Member

We are catching a glimpse every so often, but hearing them constantly...
    they don't sound like those little poppers you buy at a tent.

8. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

I've been browsing calendars trying to figure out what's going on that would have included such a big fireworks show. It must have gone on for about 35 minutes!

9. alen

alen Well-Known Member

Yeah, dont even get that good of a show for the 4th....whats up with that?!?!?!

10. Daredevil

Maybe its the military practicing to give Kim Jong Ill a present?

11. alen

alen Well-Known Member

Wishful thinking..........

12. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

We live near 50 & Old Drug Store, it sounds close, and you can see them every so often to the direct west, south west. Must be close, but there is nothing but woods back there. ??????? I was thinking Fuquay at first, we might hear them from there, but not see them.

13. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was looking at the map to try and figure out what's in that direction. It might be as far away as 210/Old Stage (where Wake/Johnston/Harnett all come together). But even so, I can't think of what would be around there.

14. jokerswilds75

jokerswilds75 Well-Known Member

its not far off of mt pleasant rd. I'm about 1 mile up mt pleasant from 50 and they are practically in my back yard.

15. aphorista

aphorista Well-Known Member

We saw them too

We also live on Mt. Pleasant and could see them. I was thinking maybe somebody had stolen them or something, because I don't know how anyone could afford all of them!

16. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

It was most likely military training exercises. We've hear them from time to time.

17. jokerswilds75

jokerswilds75 Well-Known Member

I use to work for a fireworks company that produced shows. That was probably a $10k to $14k show they just set off.
    I could see it all, smell the sulfur and feel the percussion's from it all. It was about 1/2 mile away.

18. ponychick

ponychick Well-Known Member

It was in the Kings Ridge subdivision, or very close. We live nearby.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Seriously?? Did you actually read the posts?? LOL! They are SEEING fireworks, not just hearing them......................8)

20. CrzyForBaseball

CrzyForBaseball Well-Known Member

Yep, these weren't military exercises that we ocassionally hear. At McGee's Crossroads I could clearly hear them, but could not see them. Glad someone saw them, wonder if someone went really overboard for a party finale? (Especially seeing the post about the cost of what tehse would have been).

BTW, how many have lived around here long enough to remember the training flights for the C130 and earlier planes. The radar station down 210 (the big white globe) was the training tool. They would fly training exercises for flying below radar. Would fly right at tree top. I guess with the population boom in West Johnston county over the years, they had to stop them.