Baby gift

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CrazyFabulous, Jul 6, 2009.

1. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

what do you get someone who can buy anything they want for their new born and are very picky with expensive taste?

2. Diapers...you can never go wrong!

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

hmmmm, NOTHING!! :jester:

4. CrazyFabulous

LOL....this is what i was thinking!

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Seriously tho - how about something like a nice monogrammed burp cloth?

google unique baby gifts and I'm sure you can find some ideas! :lol:

6. new2area

new2area Member

I go to Buttons and Bows in Garner off of Aversboro Rd. It's a nice children's consignment store, but they do alot of custom pieces. Nice burp cloths, bibs, they monogram as well. Very reasonably priced. The owner put together a nice gift basket for me as a shower gift. They even custom make cute little shoes! Good Luck

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

If they can afford anything, then go for something whimsical like a big stuffed animal or some other toy. Macy's had a big stuffed dog from some upscale toymaker for something like $15.00 reduced. Macys is always a good place to shop for a bargain and it still sounds good having come from Macys.

A good practical gift (if they don't have it already) is a baby monitor. Believe me, it will get used. When our 7YO is sick we still use it.

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Girl I was gonna say the SAME thing.

9. seabee

seabee Guest

slo-poke.

10. Cleopatra

Sterling silver set for first tooth, first lock of hair, etc? How about a US Savings Bond?

11. seabee

seabee Guest

You having a bad day... wrong again...

Its an Obama bond.... :jester::jester:

12. Cleopatra

lol, how about a piggy bank then - for that change we have been promised?

13. seabee

seabee Guest

again,,, a good recovery... :lol::lol:

14. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I found you can never go wrong with a picture frame and I've seen nice silver ones in Kohls and Target. New mom's love places to display pictures of their new baby.

15. Cleopatra

16. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

Awww are you getting me a gift :) LOL no who ever this person is should be grateful that you took the time to even think about getting them something! Make a cute diaper cake for the baby :)

17. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

The last time I was in DeWayne's they had some of the cutest baby things, some with initials. The cutest little socks and bows, etc. And the way they gift wrap would make it look like it came from someplace very swanky.

Don't forget to buy yourself a new Pandora bead while you're there! :mrgreen:

18. CrazyFabulous

what a great idea! dont you want to go with me?! sister has this purple purse bead that my heart desires a great deal!!

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

;)

20. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

All I know is I have some Dewayne bucks that is fixin' to burn a hole in my pocket.

Between 7-6-09 and 7-13-09 I'll be there one of those days. :lol: