Whoa, an 8 year old?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mnredsky, Jul 8, 2009.

1. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

What in the world????

3. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

No many details, but "crime against nature"...... 8 year old...........Really?

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Good grief!! :evil: When something like this happens at such an early age - you can't help but wonder what kind of home-life does this kid have? :?

5. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

8 years old? are you frickin kidding me? and now its in the legal system. back in the day it was called natural curiosity or playing doctor and you got your butts smacked. everything is a dang government matter these days!

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Ummm... I think an 8YO sexually assaulting a 2YO is a bit different than two 8YOs checking each other out.

7. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

Well Cleo, thats your opinion. I think I could handle any problem between an 8 year old and a 2 year old and not involve the goverment in doing so.

8. Cleopatra

Wow. Just wow.

9. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

:iagree:

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:shock:

11. turtlepits

I see your point if both kids are to the same parent. But say a neighbor kid who was 8 messed with your 2 year old......then its an entirely different story.

12. Cleopatra

An 8YO knows those things are wrong. If they are doing that to a defenseless 2YO child, chances are they have been abused themselves or at the very least are antisocial and disensitized (ie: ISSUES!!). In either case police and/or psychological intervention is necessary.

13. sasha's mommy

sasha's mommy Well-Known Member

14. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

if you are a friend, I would tell ya about it and figure out how best we should handle it. I can't imagine my 2 year old being around an 8 year old that was not a child of a friend or family member.

15. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

First of all, you have to examine if this is sexual in nature. With an eight-year-old child, I'm not sure it can be, because a child has to have an understanding of sex. At that age, some boys are beginning to discover their bodies more but have no idea what "certain functions" are for. Therefore, unless the child has understanding of the severity of his actions, you can't classify this as sexual in nature.

I'm not sure how you classify it to be honest. However, if anyone deserves to be charged...its the adult in charge of supervising. I'm sure the child probably understands wrong from right, however I'm not sure they would understand the severity of their crime. Not much different than charging a retarded adult for something they cannot comprehend.

However, one thing is for certain. Such a charge will stay on the boy's record til he's 18...for better or for worse.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You are apparently way more tolerant than me. If your 8 year old inappropriately touches my 2 year old, the law is going to be the least of your worries. Because apparently you were not supervising them propertly. 8)

17. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

psychological treatment, agree. As a parent I would realize that. but the police??????

18. turtlepits

19. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

I agree there must not be any supervision. If my 8 year old touches your 2 year old, where were you? thats part of my point.

20. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member