Cricket Wireless

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by UNCHEELS, Aug 27, 2009.

1. UNCHEELS

UNCHEELS Well-Known Member

Looking for people's experience with Cricket wireless.

We have Verizon but looking at a plan for oldest child and verizon's prices for a plan with texting are more than I want to pay. We are looking for a more cost efficient option. Any one have suggestions?

2. tracyjo1969

tracyjo1969 Well-Known Member

I used Cricket for a while. The reception is good but not always. I switched to Boost because their plan is the best. I do text alot and I also talk alot (according to the hubby!). For text, talk, and web it's the best I have found for only $50 a month. I have great reception too and have never had a dropped call. Hope this helps!

3. 26.2

26.2 Well-Known Member

As far as wireless internet goes, we were assured we would have service in our area(Josephine Rd). When the modem arrived-nothing. Cricket's customer service was non existent. All said and done, non-refundable activation fee and non refundable restocking fee on the modem cost 60.00 bucks without receiving one second of use.

I don't mind giving money to a good cause, but really.

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

We have Verizon. First we added texting just for her, started at the $5, then the $10 (500 text msgs mthly). Recently since she's off to college and we'll be texting too (to her mostly I'm sure) we switched to the family plan of unlimited texting for $30 mthly, but since we were already paying $10 just for her, its only gone up $20 more dollars.

Is that about what they told you too, just curious?

5. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

I used TracFone for at least a year while traveling nationally. Liked it. When I reactivated I needed a new SIM card which took a lot of fanangeling on the phone to figure out, but they sent it to me free of charge. Coverage was pretty good, no complaints on that end.

I used minutes sparingly and it added up to about $10/month.

The phone cost $20, but now you can get them for $10. I could text with it but didn't do much texting.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009