Obamas back to school speech

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Okeh, Sep 7, 2009.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Not even close. But I happen to know for a fact that some of the folks you are talking down to happen to be excellent parents. But don't let that stop your "open-mindedness." :rolleyes:

2. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

Any good parent would want their kids to experience anything and everything they can. A great parent isn't someone who is willing to hold their child back. I'm sorry. I do have an opinion.

Like I said, a few people are the reason that Johnston County has the reputation it has.

3. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

just lurking...... 8)

4. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yes, you have YOUR opinion and THEY have theirs. Being disrescpectful of that choice isn't going to make them any more willing to listen to yours. Heck, at this point, I almost wish I'd kept him out of it just to listen to some of you squawk. Just insane!

6. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I haven't watched the speech, and honestly probably won't. It'll be all over the news and TV shows anyway...but a couple things my son (6 yo) said when he came home were odd.

I asked if he saw the president, and he said yes (I brought it up, I think he had already forgotten about it) and he said "mom, he said a bad word". I'm thinking, what kind of words would he have said to a bunch of school kids? And my son said "shut up". I'm kind of surprised he would say that, and my son said he seemed mean and mad. I was wondering if maybe he was talking about bullies, but he didn't seem too sure, so that shows he wasn't really paying attention. He did say he said to not give up, which is pretty good and important, and that's all my 6 yo got out of it.

Now if he were promised a bakugan for passing a test based on the speech, he would have caught every word! Oh - and another thing - I don't think he's been given any assignment about what he saw. If he was, the teacher didn't tell us about it.

7. Why do you find it so hard to admit you're wrong? Why not just own up to all the disrespectful insults? Better yet, why are you still here when you just said you were deleting all of your posts?! Just can't stand it can you? Gotta see what the rednecks have to say. You know you love us!

8. :hurray::hurray::hurray:

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

My son doesn't have an assignment and said they weren't even allowed to ask questions in class about it. The teacher said to ask their parents.

10. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Translation: The teacher has heard enough about all this ado about nothing.

11. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

You're a joke. Seriously.

I stand by my decision, my daughter did not even mention being "exempt" as NY9 was concerned. My son said it felt "covert", that it had subliminal undertones. Basically he came away with the message that if he failed in school, he failed the country. Of course he's only 14 - he's still growing, so I won't get him fitted for that tinfoil cap just yet.

13. seabee

seabee Guest

Actually you are to dumb to be a racist... :jester:

14. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

It seems that you have been a member for a while and I have read your posts in the pasts in regards volunteering to help others.

I am proud to have lived in Johnston County for the last 15 years. We have a wide variety of opinions on many subjects which makes for very interesting conversation.

15. seabee

seabee Guest

good see ya... take momof 3guys with you

16. seabee

seabee Guest

thought you were leaving..

17. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

:hurray: :beathorse:

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'd much prefer it if you put me on ignore as I will be doing with you. You have nothing of value to add to this forum in my opinion and you will not be getting the attention so desperately seek from me.

19. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

[*

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009

20. :hurray:

Maybe we should all put momof3grls on ignore. Then she'd have no one to insult and act foolish around. She or he is just a kid anyway. You are right kdc, she adds no value to this forum. I'm next to ignore her...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2009