OMG! Patrick Swayze has passed.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Slate, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

:cry:

2. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Oh no, i was just wondering about him the other day, how terribly brave he was, truly a sad thing to happen:cry::cry:

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Well, it was expected. Most of the time a person fights a losing battle against pancreatic cancer. Its similar in a way to ovarian cancer in that it just doesn't produce much symptoms until in advancing stages. Furthermore, its hard to detect unless a doc is looking for it.

A relative of mine had pancreatic cancer. She held on longer than expected, but it got her eventually. Michael Landon and the actor who played the colonel in the Rambo series also had pancreatic cancer.

R.I.P. Swayze.

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

:cry::cry::cry:

so sad!

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

A distant cousin of mine died yesterday of pancreatic cancer.

May hey both RIP.. the battle is over :cry:

7. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

Just saw this on Msn.com. Lot of well known personalities passing away lately-many from one form of cancer or another. Sure liked him in "Dirty Dancing."

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

9. tracyjo1969

tracyjo1969 Well-Known Member

:cry::grouphug:

RIP Patrick

10. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Damned the big "C". We've got to find a cure.

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree::iagree:

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

The sad thing is that there will be a *cure* for some other bs you can take a pill for before Cancer.
    :boxing::boxing::boxing:

Dont get me started.

btw, in the event I or you find out ... essiac. I'm buying it in bulk.

Look it up.

13. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

My grandfather passed away from pancreatic cancer. I'm praying for his family and for a cure for all forms of cancer.

14. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Dirty Dancing is my all time favorite movie and Ghost a close runner up...

This just tops off a crappy Monday.......:cry::cry::cry::cry:

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That makes me very sad. DH and I saw Roadhouse on our first date. :cry::cry::cry:

16. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Sad to hear the news. Loved seeing him in roadhouse...over and over again. He inspired many people with his acting and his bravery in battling cancer. He will be missed.:cry:

17. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

I first saw Patrick Swayze in The Outsiders.....stay gold Darrel Curtis.

18. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

So sad! He will be missed!!!

19. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

God Bless His Soul. RIP Ghost was always my favorite of his movies...Dirty Dancing was second.

20. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/essiac/Patient/page2

Have any preclinical (laboratory or animal) studies been conducted using Essiac or Flor•Essence?

Research in a laboratory or using animals is done to find out if a drug, procedure, or treatment is likely to be useful in humans. Animal tumor models are used to learn how a cancer may progress and to test new treatments. These preclinical studies are done before any testing in humans is begun. The following laboratory and animal studies of Essiac have been reported:
    In the mid 1970s, the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) in New York City tested dried and liquid samples of Essiac in 8 experiments involving the S–180 mouse sarcoma tumor model (a type of animal model used to study treatment). Researchers found that Essiac did not make the immune system more active and did not act as an anticancer drug.

In the early 1980s, researchers at MSKCC tested Essiac again. They found no anticancer activity after doing 17 studies that used a variety of animal leukemia models and other tumor models.

In 1983, the National Cancer Institute (NCI) tested a liquid sample of Essiac in the mouse P388 lymphocytic leukemia tumor system but found no anticancer activity. Very high doses of Essiac killed the test animals. Scientists, however, do not know how this finding applies to people who take more than the maker's recommended doses of Essiac.

In 2004, a laboratory study at Indiana University-Purdue University reported that Essiac slowed the growth of prostate cancer cells.

Studies of Flor•Essence have shown differing results:
    Two laboratory studies reported that Flor•Essence made tumor cells grow.

Another laboratory study reported that high doses of both Flor•Essence and Essiac herbal teas reduced the growth of cancer cells.

A 2004 animal study of Flor•Essence found that it increased breast tumor growth in rats.

Laboratory and animal studies have reported on the effects of some of the chemicals found in the different herbs used to make Essiac and Flor•Essence. These studies report that certain chemicals may:
    Prevent cell damage that can lead to cancer.
    Reduce swelling, redness, and pain.
    Have an effect on the body similar to the hormone estrogen.

Kill cancer cells.

It is not known if taking Essiac and Flor•Essence products can give humans enough of the chemicals that produce these effects.

Have any clinical trials (research studies with people) of Essiac or Flor•Essence been conducted?

No results of clinical studies (research studies with people) of Flor•Essence have been reported. In addition, no reports of clinical trials of Essiac have been reported in peer-reviewed scientific journals. Brief descriptions of one incomplete clinical trial and one review of reports on cancer patients who took Essiac have been published, however.
    In 1978, the Canadian government gave permission to a Canadian company to begin studying Essiac for safety and effectiveness. In 1982, the government withdrew its permission after it found that the company was not keeping all batches of Essiac exactly the same and was not following the proper rules for clinical trials. A review of data from this incomplete study showed no clear evidence of improved survival in cancer patients who took Essiac. Findings also showed that Essiac was not toxic (harmful).

In the early 1980s, the Canadian government reviewed information on 86 cancer patients who had taken Essiac. This was a review of case summaries written by the doctors; the original patient records were not reviewed. The researchers reported that it was not clear if changes in the patients’ conditions were caused by Essiac or something else.