Developing/grading on Cornwallis

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hotwire, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

Anyone noticed the area on Cornwallis right before the newly located landscape supply? They have put a dirt barrier along side the road and have cut several "roads" in the dirt out in that field. There is also a bunch of equipment way back there. This is also right before the new New Bethel Church road on the right, heading towards White Oak.

PS: Don't grill me if this has been posted elsewhere, I wasn't able to locate a thread about it!

2. seabee

seabee Guest

No grilling here, just some baking.:jester: A new sub-division, oh well more pastures are gone. I'm a little surprised at the timing of it.

3. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Thats what it looks like, a new sub division. OK, this maybe a dumb question, maybe someone in real estate can answer it, but why put in new subdivisions if current new homes aren't selling that great NOW??

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Did somebody also mention a stripmall with a Dollar store the last time this came up? :ack:

5. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Well with that same thought, why would anyone build a new stripmall with no businesses to go in them :? Seems as though we have a couple empty ones now with a couple more being built

6. seabee

seabee Guest

It is a sub-division going in there. Last I heard.

7. Cleopatra

If you build it... they will come....

But let's hope not! Who left the gate open?!?

8. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

Anyone else heard anything else about this area of development?

9. seabee

seabee Guest

houses will be built is my guess... :lol:

10. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Its a new subdivision called Kyndal. 20 lots are being recorded now.

It will eventually tie in to Austin Pond using AP's existing stub out streets.

11. kidsfly

kidsfly Well-Known Member

Kyndal? What happened to Cunningham Tract? Is it just a name change or are there other changes?

12. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

I've heard the long-term plan for the new subdivision is 200+ homes.

13. Grinder

Well are you going to live in a subdivision named Cunningham Tract? Its the same piece of land.

And yes, over 200 lots are planned.

14. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Any info on the development? Custom, lot sizes, price range?

15. Grinder

Yes, yes and yes but nothing i can offer at this time. Not sure what the developer will be doing yet, ie: if the lots are already promised out and so on.

Will be small sewer lots.

16. EngNCSU

EngNCSU Well-Known Member

Is there information online about the development/ builder/ floor plans? I am interested in the area, and would like to learn more about this project.

17. Grinder

No its not. The map is not recorded yet so lots can not be sold. As i said, i dont know if the developer will be building the houses or he will sell the lots to others, any house size minimums or anything like that.

It was originally designed for 307 lots and would have been the most amazing subdivision design you have ever seen. Sadly, the previous owner of the property did not see it that way.

18. Cleopatra

Really? I would think a 200 lot subdivision would look better than a 307 lot subdivision. Of course, I also think "amazing subdivision" is an oxymoron. ;)

19. Grinder

This was an early concept that would have been the first of this type in the State.

[​IMG]

20. seabee

seabee Guest

What would make it a first???