Let's Celebrate Store Closing???

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CakePrincess, Dec 6, 2009.

1. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

Stopped by, but store hasn't been open for more than 3 weeks yet...wondering if they're going to re-open or not? Sign posted on door say "on vacation, be back in a week", but it's been longer than that.

2. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

I stopped by last week to get some birthday balloons but they were "closed for vacation".

I hope they re-open, they have some cute stuff in there and it is lots closer than going to Party City.

3. EngNCSU

EngNCSU Well-Known Member

Sad to say, but they are closed for good. Not sure of the details, but do know from a source they are closed.

4. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I hate to hear this. Got some nice stuff there for my parent's 50th anniversary. Unfortunately, I'm sure the new Wal-Mart may have something to do with it. While they don't have the same extensive assortment, they do have a good selection for all occasions. I wish the Let's Celebrate owners well......

5. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

Would you be able to give a general location - I go to one particular place just a few times a year but especially at Christmas to pick up my cake boxes and small party bags to package up all my cookies and I'd hate to drive to Main Street on Sat. to find out it's them. Thanks.

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Lets Celebrate is the one in Peddlers Village, at 40/42 across from Dairy Queen and such, the small strip of stores between Bojangles & Waffle House.

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Claytonian, I think you are referring to the NC Paper Co (I think that's the name) on Main St in Clayton. That place has been there forever!

8. fizzco

fizzco Well-Known Member

sad to see a local private business close. they where always so nice. i hope this is a bad rumor

9. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

I totally misread the caption. I didn't realize that was the name of the store. I guess I don't get to that side of 42 very often. When I read it I thought why in the world would someone want to celebrate a store closing - I'm so running on lack of sleep and adrenaline. I hate that any store is closing these days but am so glad that the Paper Co. is still in business.