Crochet Group

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bigsaver, Dec 31, 2009.

1. bigsaver

bigsaver Member

Before Christmas, several ladies said they would be interested in starting a group in this area for people who crochet. I was thinking we could find a place like a coffee shop or maybe even the classroom at Micheal's craft store to get together once a week or so. Anybody else interested??

I'm interested in learning how to knit also, if any knitters want to join in.

2. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

kaci would probably prefer to join a croch group.

3. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

I am a beginner but would be interested if you welcome newbies. I work crazy hours but please let me know when and where you would get together.:hurray:

4. xstitchlynnda

xstitchlynnda Well-Known Member

I would be interested. I can crochet and I knit a little bit. I got an electric yarn winder for christmas. Need to try it out.
    Lynnda

5. carolinasun

carolinasun Well-Known Member

I would also be interested.. I crochet and knit using the loom ( ski caps, scarves etc. ) Let me know what your plans are.... THANKS !!:hurray:

6. angels_squirrel

angels_squirrel Active Member

I would be interested too, let me know when and where.

7. bigsaver

bigsaver Member

I'm glad there's an interest in starting a group. I think it would be a wonderful way to meet, learn, and have some fun.

What are some convenient hours and days for each of you? I'm pretty flexible. Also, any ideas on where would be a conveniet place to meet? I will call Michaels and wherever else I can think of to see what's available and at what times.

Thanks.:)

8. misy68

misy68 Active Member

I would like to join too.:)

9. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

I am interested as well. I am only available on the weekends. Thanks!

10. fizzco

fizzco Well-Known Member

I would love to join also. i'm "trying" to teach myself but i can only go in one direction.

i work retail and am usually available during the week. sorry no suggestions on a gathering place.

11. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

I might be interested as well. I can do a few patterns (basket weave and chevron) but would like to expand.

12. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I would like to join as well, might not be much..my hours change every week, don't have the same days off. When I go, my daughter is most likely going to have to go..no sitter and no money to get one. lol.
    No idea where to met though.
    Sheri

13. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Is this group accepting students? :lol:

14. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Spank you very much. :mrgreen:

15. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in joining too, depending on the time. Early evening works best for me. Not sure how much I can teach a beginner, but I'd be glad to show anyone who already crochet's how to make the pineapple square afghans I make.

16. misy68

misy68 Active Member

Can anyone teach how to read patterns? I still would like to one way or another.

17. Luvgoose1

I've never been able to read patterns...I understand what the abbreviations are but I'm a "show me" type of learner. Unfortunately it has limited what I can make!

18. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

I just googled pineapple square afghan - beautiful - but is it difficult? Would love to learn it. Because I'm a show-me person, I usually do the chevron, granny square and basket weave.

19. Luvgoose1

I don't think it's difficult, just time consuming. The squares consist of chain stitches, slip stitches, and double crochet stitches. Lots of counting!!! I don't know how to post pictures here or I'd gladly show you what it looks like.

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

It just so happens that I have taught myself some basic crochet skills over break (the chain of course, slip stitch, single crochet, double crochet, double half-crochet). I am interested in a group. Let's get the PMs going and exchange email addys so we can come up with meetings that work for everybody.