Anyone else got a houseful of sick people?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DMJmom, Jan 2, 2010.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

All 3 of my kids are sick with some nasty bug. Its coming out both ends, and they are very weak. Just wondering how many around here have it, or if they picked it up in Florida. Everyone stay healthy!

2. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that. Not a good way to spend the last few days of vacation, that's for sure. We've been rather lucky this season so far. Only one of ours had the flu. No one else got it. Other than that, nothing. I've heard that virus is awful & is going around. They said that at urgent care when I was there for a regular checkup. Get well soon.

Stephanie--mom to 7

3. tracyjo1969

tracyjo1969 Well-Known Member

Our two younger ones had a 24 hour thing. They were well after that and playing strong. My hubby and I picked it up and we've had it for about 4 days now.
    Hope your family gets better soon!

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Sorry DMJ, you too Tracyjo.. hope everyone feel better soon!... all is well here-for now.

5. cece

cece Well-Known Member

knock on wood - nothing major here - just sinus yucks.....

DMJ - how was Florida at Christmas? Hopefully you all stayed healthy for that.

6. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

We were ok at xmas, except for my sons bad cough and hubbys sinys. Came home and 1 day later middle son threw up. 2 days later other 2 were throwing up. The worst seems to be how very weak they are. They cant even walk, my oldest has never, ever been this sick. I'm afraid they wonr be able to go to school tomorrow. The first one is now better, but other two are still in bed, since dinnertime friday. And not getting any better. :cry:

7. Whoever has sick kids, Please don't send kids to school tomorrow if there's any chance they are contagious with that nasty bug!!! Mine always pick up stomach viruses. They've been sick all Christmas break with colds and ear infections. I really hope they can avoid that stomach virus.

8. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

DMJ, sounds like you need to take them to be seen by a MD in the morning if they are not any better. Sometimes stomach bugs can affect others in the family differntly. It usually runs it's course quite quickly but if the oldest is that sick and he usually doesn't get that sick, then I would take him in the morning. Hope all are well very soon

9. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

More then willing to come over for a few hours. Got sick time at work I need to use up. JK

10. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Thanks AWmom. He was finally acting normal last night. He showered and chased his brother aroynd with a dart gun! Now gotta see how little one is this morning. And i spent 4 hours barfing last night and got absolutely NO sleep last night, gonna be a great day. :?

11. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

I guess this is why I am a SAHM

My son came home from school today complaining of a headache and being very lethargic. I thought it was just being tired from being off two weeks--but no-- now he is throwing up! And to top it off I am supposed to start a part-time job tomorrow. My husband's boss and the company VP are in town visiting him this week so he can't stay home with him. I am sure my other two will be sick before the week is over. I guess this is why I don't work outside of the home. I am going to look like the worst employee now--and I though this was the perfect job only working 6-10 hours a week--I can't even make that

ok rant over--I hope everyone else stays well!