Need recommendation

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

for a pediatric maxillofacial surgeon. Okay, can't spell that. My daughter(10.5 yo) has an unusual thing. She has an upside down tooth (front one) that is stuck in the roof of her mouth. They were trying to consult all across the nation to see what to do. Obviously, it needs to come out. The next step is a 3-D x-ray of sorts to see exactly how it is positioned in there to see how to take it out. Crazy to see it on the x-ray. Anyhow, we are wondering if we can do this as a medical claim versus dental claim. I don't know about that but worth a shot. She almost had a cleft palate but did not. I need someone who is used to dealing w/ the "unusual" as her other dx are going to make this surgery extremely, extremely complicated. Put it this way, a local well-known surgeon did surgery on her arm. She now has very bad permanent damage to that arm and can't use it all that much. Her bones and such do not heal like normal people so we have to be very careful of who we choose & who works on her. Anyone on here go to a great surgeon for oral type of problems? Thanks in advance.

STephanie-- mom to 7

2. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

See Help thread

3. timlee

timlee Member

Dentists

My daugther had the same thing and her dentist in Dunn AC Williams sent her to Fayetteville and they did a good job. Only took them about 30 minutes to remove the tooth from the roof of her mouth.

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I recommend Dr. Cusumano

Francis J Cusumano DDS PA
    51 Technology Dr. Suite C
    Garner NC 27529
    919-661-1995

My son had an adult tooth that was on it's side up in his gum, and Cusumano took care of this with his orthodontist.