New La Fiesta at Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by EngNCSU, Jan 5, 2010.

1. EngNCSU

EngNCSU Well-Known Member

Just wanted to share an experience we have gone through after eating at this new restuarant. First off, the food is great, just like the one in Clayton. Here is the kicker, after I paid for my dinner using my debit card, I checked my bank account only to find out that they have charged me twice for my meal, one time for the Clayton store, and the next day to the Garner store. Appearently they had some computer issues, but COME ON, OWNED BY THE SAME PEOPLE, HANDLE IT INTERNALLY, don't make your customers PAY FOR YOUR MISTAKE...

I hope that they are enjoying the interest free loan they are getting as I wait for the refund to show up in my account....it will be the last time they get any of my money....

BTW they did this to my sister in law as well, so if you ate there on the 2nd, you might want to check your account...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  2. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Similar thang happened to me at that fancy "cook at your table" japan place next to the lingerie store in Clayton.

My orig bill was around 90 bucks but they switched my bill with another party that was seated nearby... 250 dollars. Upon seeing their mistake they tried to "fix it" and ended up charging my card again... another 250 bucks. Then they charged me for my normal bill. They never told me what happened till I found that I was missing 500 bucks in my account; then they said they would credit the account and it would take about 3 days.

I forced the japan house owner and my bank to fix it via 3-way conference call and it was solved in a matter of minutes.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:shock: OUCH!!

4. Redneck Rich

Yeah, it was on mama's day too... and they decided to go with the awful dinner prices that day instead of the normal Sunday lunch price... something else they didn't tell us till after we'd sat down. (Sunday was really the only day us normal folk could afford to eat at a place like that)

Let's just say I've not gone back since.

5. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I ate there recently and the place was ......turble.

6. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

I assume you are talking about Fiesta Mexicana. I have eaten there several times. I like the food better than the one in Clayton. I have used a debit card there times with no problems. I am glad I didn't eat there that night, I sure can't afford to pay twice!

7. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

we went on New Years Eve. Food was great, and we did check our account after this post. We were ok, only charge once.

8. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

We've been once. The food was great but it took FOREVER to get it. We were seated immediately and those around us were served before us. All we had was a fajita and tacos.

Now that we have discovered the chinese place in the same shopping center we will probably not go back to the mexican place as much.

On a side note, did the El Cerro behind McDonald's close?

9. bluelady

bluelady Guest

:beathorse:same thing
    billed twice.
    how can it continue to be accidentially?:nopity:

10. michelle

Doesn't seem to be accidental if it's happening to so many people. Maybe someone should call the attorney general?

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Their sushi as well as their other prices aren't any worse than anywhere else that offers teppanyaki table service.

12. Redneck Rich

Yeah, but their Sunday Lunch prices is usually like half the cost of their dinner prices... My beef there is that they pulled the plug on that deal just because it was Mother's day, even though they still had the lunch specials written on the chalk board and didn't let anyone know until they recieved their menus.

They would not honor the listed lunch price that day, instead they chose to
    1. clean off the chalk board after more tables complained
    2. accidentally charge me for the large group seated next to us
    3. correct their mistake by charging me the incorrect price again
    4. charge me for my own overpriced meal
    5. let me leave and never told me that I'd just been taken for 590 bucks.

No more over-priced feline dining and entertainment there for me... I'll just stick with the quick-pickup japan places and leave the entertaining to Time Warner Cable.

13. back at it

back at it Guest

is ny9 your brother

14. Redneck Rich

Ouch, was that an insult on the redneck or are you just new round here?

15. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Even Hitler isn't deserving of that insult...

16. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Won't be an issue any more under that user name.

17. Redneck Rich

Dang, didn't even have a chance to get to know him. Trolls are my favorite... I got one on the end of my pencil.

18. michelle

That must be painful. :mrgreen:

19. EngNCSU

EngNCSU Well-Known Member

Fiesta at it AGAIN!

Ok, these people or either IDIOTS, or trying to Steal money....in the original post I told you that we were double charged for eating at the new location....well both charges went away after I called...NOW, THEY HAVE CHARGED ME TWICE FOR THE SAME MEAL AGAIN!

DON'T EAT THERE, THEY WILL TAKE YOUR CARD FOR A RIDE, AND CLAIM THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING WHEN YOU CALL....

20. shardee428

shardee428 Well-Known Member

Thank you. I will check our credit card statement carefully to make sure this didn't happen to us, too.

I wasn't overly impressed with the place at all. We were very disappointed that El Cerro closed. :(