CPR

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if local EMT's offer CPR training and certifications to people?

One of the requirements to get in to the Radiology course at JCC is you have to be CPR certified.

Yea I got certified back in 1974 with Ressa Annie

2. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Oh, Resusci-Annie, I remember her! Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but thanks for the memory. :lol:

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Yea always hated the taste of rubber and alcohol :)

Yea my nurse friend said my certification is a bit out of date.

4. david4042

david4042 Well-Known Member

5. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

they offer it at JCC

6. cvfdcaptain

cvfdcaptain Well-Known Member

you just missed it!!

we had cpr class last night at sta 1,,,, sorry

7. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

My daughter took the class in Raleigh and her school wouldn't accept it. She got certified, got her certificate and all. Just be careful and take what they require. She ended up taking it online which I thought was crazy.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

9. EngNCSU

EngNCSU Well-Known Member

Aversboro Baptist Church in Garner is offering a course in March. I know it is taught by certified nurses. You can call the church & get the info, plus sign up for the class.

10. gracey1314

gracey1314 Well-Known Member

i know for the dental hyg program @ wayne cc i had to take cpr and i took the one through the red cross, but it didn't have the "AED" part in it, so i had to retake it. Best bet is to take it through the American Heart Association to get the "healthcare provider" card. A lot of the allied health programs are similar like that.