From Craigslist: UNREAL!!!!

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by kdc1970, Feb 1, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Free AKC Fawn Boxer to good home (42/40)

Date: 2010-02-01, 9:14PM EST
    Reply to: comm-qcngd-1581733464@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Free Boxer, 8 yr old, Fawn with black mask, Name is Rusty. Rusty is a good dog, great with kids and loves to run and play outside. Loves to ride in cars and go to park. Rusty is in good health, still acts like a puppy. Rusty has never been nuetered because he was a stud. Rusty has a champion blood line and yes I do have his papers with family history, so if you want him for a stud he is quite capable. I am having a lot of remodeling done to my house and we have decided that the dog has to go before we remodel. Rusty needs a good place to run, he will not be tied up or kept in small quarters. Rusty has been used to at least a half an acer of room to run with an underground fence. Rusty has sleept inside for his whole life so if you dont want a dog in your house at night dont bother with him because he will bark and howl all night. Rusty is used to being a part of the family and not a discarded yard animal. If you are looking for a companion this is your dog he has to be near someone all the time, very loving dog. I do care about Rusty and want him to have a good home with someone who will take care of him and love him. If your interested please call 919-201-XXXX anytime, or e-mail. I can take calls or e-mails 24/7 so if you want this dog go ahead and call. If I dont awnser just leave a message.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010
  2. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I've had a lil lab for 7 mos and I couldnt part with him for anything.....but 8 years?

good grief

3. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Poor Rusty. :iagree: We've had our pup for 6 months. I don't get it.

4. Jenna's Mom

Jenna's Mom Well-Known Member

Such a shame, and has to go because they are remodeling? To me, it sounds like the dog has some kind of behavior issues they don't want to work around and just using this as an excuse. As if there ever is a good excuse.

I know I have two dogs right now, 1 is a Service dog that will need to retire in 3 years or less because of her age and size won't be good for what she does. My other dog is 10 years old and a pet. I need to get a new pup soon to start training, but I can't afford the expense of a 3rd dog. So, we're waiting for the 10 year old to pass before we get the new dog. She's a good ole girl, loyal to a fault and at times annoying as hell, but I love her as much as I love my 2 legged children.

5. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

From Craigslist: UNREAL!!!!

there is a 14 year old cat on craigslist they are giving away cause it doesnt get along with new dog.i couldnt give away my cat,ever!

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I'll just bet that its a situation where a new marriage sometime within the eight year period has tolerated Rusty up until a desire to remodel. Now its a "he goes or I go" type ultimatium. Plus, the ad says that 'he'll bark and howl all night.' There is quite a bit of contention in that sentence. Apparently, its something he just has started doing or else, again, its something that has been tolerated long enough by some member of the household.

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Grrr....I had to remodel my master bath after my first baby grew out of the chewing phase (sheet rock and all). :)

8. elims

elims Well-Known Member

OH, geez ... I took this literally and I thought you meant 'human' baby ... the mental images of a teething baby chewing down to the sheet rock ... *shakes her head sadly* That was some baby image in my head!! Call the Enquirer!!
    Of all people, I should know better ... I call my OWN critters my 'kids' ... it's just one of those days ...

9. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

It's an animal...just like the animal you probably had for dinner, except you gave it a name. Get over it, hypocrites.

10. peaches

I had chicken and shrimp for dinner but they weren't my pets. I grew up on a farm where we raised beef and pork (that's cows and pigs) but they were not our pets.

We have 5 pets, 2 dogs and 3 cats. If I had to choose between saving my husband or any of the 5 pets, my husband would be first and all five of them would die. I would be inconsolable but would not regret my decision.

That being said, LIFE in general is worth more than STUFF. Has absolutely nothing to do with what you had for dinner. Guess that's the bottom line.

11. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

LOL Elims, you know how I refer to those guys! I usually say furry baby but u know! lol

12. space_cowboy

The bottom line is all animals are animals, which ones you choose to eat and which ones you choose to keep as a pet is the difference. A chicken is considered a pet to some people.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, I guess that makes it perfectly ok to throw an animal by the wayside when you get tired of it or you decide to remodel. :ack: What an asinine reason to re-home an animal. Last night someone was giving away a 13 year old schnazer because the owners are expecting a new baby. WTH?? A 13 year old dog probably does little more than eat and sleep. Just how much trouble could it be???? If it weren't for being full up with animals myself, I'd get it and spoil it rotten til the end of it's days. :?

Before any jumps my crap, there are legit reasons for needing to re-home, but on CL, it sure seems they are few and far between. Pet animals are not disposable, or at least they shouldn't be.

14. peaches

Agreed. My point is that any life is worth more than stuff.

15. FUNNYFACE

FUNNYFACE Active Member

You do not take the cow you eat into your home and say you are going to take care of them . You do not claim him or her as part of your family only to let that family member go at the drop of a hat. God gave us animals and I am sure he did not want us to treat any of them bad, even the ones we eat. When you decide to take a animal into your home you should except what goes along with that. By the way I am a vegetarian and foster animals I see daily a animal who thought he was part of his or her family only to be left for other people to take care of when you are perfectly capable of it! If you can't because you are taking care of a family you can't provide for that is one thing...but thats not the case here at all. Space Cowboy I am sure you are perfect and like putting people in their place but instead of that I encourage you to get off your behind and take a look at some of these animals stories! Use your words to help them instead of prove a very wrong point!:beathorse:

16. FUNNYFACE

FUNNYFACE Active Member

What in the heck does a chicken or a cow have to do with this story? How do you know if the person who put this on here does not respect the cow or chicken....try and pick a fight where it is needed. Hypocrite! A animal is a animal but I will still give them all the respect they deserve just because you call them animal does not mean they have to be treated badly! A stupid person is just a stupid person after all!:banghead:

17. space_cowboy

I look at the animal stories everyday...in fact, Carlie C's has leg quarters on sale for $0.49/lb!! If that isn't heartwarming I don't know what is. Don't be a fool, any animal can be a pet and any animal can be a main course. God didn't give you anything but an opportunity.