Clothing donation?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Steeler_Fan, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

We are doing some major cleaning around the house in preparation to put the house on the market, and we have about 7 bags of men and women clothing we would like to donate. I really don’t want to give it to good will, I would like to find a group or someone that will give the stuff away for free for those in need. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

2. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Basic Needs gives out tons of vouchers/coupons for clothing to those in need or Pizazz Thrift store in Clayton gives their proceeds to benefit Harbor Inc.

3. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

4. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

The women's clothes you could donate to Harbor House, which is a shelter for abused women and children. You can contact Pizazz (sp) here in Clayton or Smithfield. They will also pick up. As far as men's clothes, I don't know where to tell you.

5. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I take my stuff to With Love From Jesus in Garner.

6. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I usually take my stuff to the Goodwill store in Clayton. It's on Regency Dr. near the intersection of 42 & 70 (the western-most one). They have convenient hours and are nice folks.

Google 35.644699,-78.462617 for loc.

http://www.goodwillenc.org/

Whatever you decide to do, you deserve karma points for not pitchin' it all in the trash like a lot of people would!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Kent has the best idea, in my opinion.

Sherry

8. spazzmom

spazzmom Member

There is a Church in Clayton that gives the clothes away, it's on sutherland road off Powhatan street.