local florists

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Apr 29, 2010.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

which of our local florists to do you folks recommend?

2. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

Garner Florist on Main St, Forest Hills Florist in Forest Hills and City Florist in Clayton are ones that I use and love. Now I have received flowers from Petals and gifts in the Cleveland area and they looked horrible when I got them and only lasted two days :(

3. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

Watkins Flowers of Distinction on Capital Blvd! They have the most beautiful collections I have ever seen~

4. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

Annie V's.

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

City Florist in Clayton.....Jody McCleod.(sp)

Sherry

6. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

Petals and Hearts did my wedding flowers 6 yrs ago and I was very pleased. I think they are under different management now.

I have used Cleveland Florist for baby showers and small arrangements and they do a good job.

I recently used a new shop in Raleigh called Temple of Bloom and the sympathy basket they sent was beautiful!

7. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

FWIW

City Florist was owned and operated by Brent Johnson, sister of Melody Thorne, who runs Cleveland Florist. Since his death last year, I believe she runs both.
    Jody McLeod is the proprietor of Annie V's. (BTW-His Dad passed away last week.)

8. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Cleveland Florist, hands down. When I was in FL and sending flowers to my sweetie here (quite often until I could relo here) they made sure that she got her delivery at school the day I ordered them. Always beautiful arrangements and a great value for service.

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:iagree:

10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Well put that one the I lost my mind on which one he owned. Thanks for letting me know about his dad. I will contact him tomorrow.

Kaci....listen to those on Annie V.

Sherry

11. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

Isnt Jody McLeod the mayor of Clayton?

DB's wife

12. greengoddess

greengoddess Active Member

Annie V's!!

13. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Yes. And he's running for State Senate.

14. PBJtime

PBJtime Guest

Flowers on the Neuse. Those guys are absolutely wonderful, creative and reasonably priced. As long as I'm in this area, I will continue to use these guys!!

15. Roadman

Roadman Member

16. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

What about cost? Which of those florists mentioned do you think will have the lowest prices for bridal and bridesmaids bouquets?