LOWES the new PetSmart?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JoCoREZ, Apr 26, 2010.

1. JoCoREZ

JoCoREZ Well-Known Member

Is anyone one else tired of having dogs in Lowes Home Improvement? I was in there on Sunday along with four dogs and their owners. What is the deal with this?

Do people not care that some people are allergic or afraid of dogs. Maybe I should start taking my 100 pound dog in there?

The bigger question is does Lowes not care about a lawsuit resulting from a dog bite in the store?

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I would assume if people are taking their dog into Lowes then they have been socialized and aren't going to bite anyone or another dog?

I donut know. :allears:

3. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

At least they don't scream and throw tantrums.

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with the OP. You might know your dog, but I don't and I'm a bit skittish about walking the same tight aisle with my kid to pass a pitbull or a rottie that might feel a bit protective of its owner. If I need something from Lowes, I'm going and won't care about a dog, cat, possum, squirrel or whatever critter I come across. However, I could see some customers being put off by it and we all know that when a dog has to go, its going to go. Frankly, I wouldn't want to have to clean up behind my dog in a store, so he ain't going.

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

why don't you just give them a call and ask about the situation?

6. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed that businesses have been adding the "No animals allowed" signs on their front doors lately. Guess this is becoming common.

7. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

I was passed in the aisle at Target a few weeks ago by a woman pushing a dog in a stroller. :?

8. JoCoREZ

I agree as I am a dog owner with a licker not a biter.

But the flip side is people that would be afraid or allergic to them. I would love to be able to take my dog places with me but it is not fair to others. Enjoy your dog at home, at a park, on a walk, but at Lowe's?

9. OutdoorPlay

OutdoorPlay Well-Known Member

I have noticed the same thing and I wished that Lowes would stop people from bringing their dogs in the store. I have seen small dogs and I have seen larger dogs like rottweilers and pit bulls. I don't get the point when there are small children running around. The one thing that I have to wonder is why would I want to put my child in a cart where a dog has used the bathroom or transmitted something else like worms. I agree with the comment about allergies too. We have a dog, but he stays home.

10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

My daughter took our daughter to PetSmart and I went to Home Depot. Told her to call me when she was done and next thing I knew she was behind me with the dog. I told her to leave immediately. She stated that she asked before bringing the dog in and was told by several employees that the policy was dogs were allowed in the store. I made sure she cleaned up behind the dog.

Sherry

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

They should lock them in their cars with the windows rolled up... :jester:

12. JoCoREZ

Maybe at HomeDepot but Lowe's has a sign on the door regarding only service animals allowed. I went to Lowe's this morning for a weed eater and talked to the Manager. Nice guy, he said that they do have a policy that no dogs are allowed and they ask people to take their dog outside when they see them. I go there enough and have seen enough dogs deep in the store to know that this does not happen much at all. It seems pretty simple to me since there are three ways into the store which typically have employees right there.

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I have been trying for almost two years to teach my dog to read those signs, he just doesn't get it. He keeps following me in to the Post Office or the bank and then when I scold him he claims he can't read. I've tried everything. Might be time for Sylvan.

14. OutdoorPlay

OutdoorPlay Well-Known Member

The next time I go to Food Lion I am going to look for a sign there too. I have seen people with dogs in Food Lion too.

15. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Or it could just be time to consider taking him out of the Wake County public education system :jester:

16. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Dog bites, fleas, allergies, roundworms, and poop are all legitimate reasons to complain. Roundworm infections can be very serious, especially to children and is transmittable by microscopic eggs being ingested. Severe allergic reactions can be dangerous, too. These strores are just asking for a lawsuit. Besides, I don't really care for pets to be a grocery store. The health department should shut down any grocery store that allows a common pet to be brought inside, excluding service animals, of course.

17. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

What a sense of humor! I just cannot stop laughing.

Sherry

18. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Someone who works at Kohls told me they had tried to fight allowing dogs in the store but were told by the "authorities" (and I don't know who that would be) that dogs were allowed in any stores where there isn't open food service. So stores like Kohls and Lowes are OK, but Walmart is not (since they have Subway/McD's)...

I brought my well-behaved dog into the garden center at Walmart (rt70) once and was asked to leave.

19. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I would think the store owner would have a right to say only service animals are permitted inside. The law says dogs are not allowed in stores that have food service, but that doesn't mean owners have to allow them in other stores.

20. tigerlily

tigerlily Well-Known Member

chicken man

when i worked for lowes we had a handyman that spend tens of thousands in the capital blvd. store. he drove a bread truck painted red and white and was known as the ''chicken man'', he had weird foreign chickens that were the business's mascots. they rode in a shopping cart in the baby seat perched on the handle with a poop paper towel draped under them on the seat. he had been on tv and g105 . the chickens were a hit i guess, and lowes let him shop so . i think y'all need to calm down. i think your husband spitting chew in the parking lot is as bad as chicken man 's chicken poo any day. and if u dont like it go further south where we really can understand what the hell your saying.....