Ankle pain...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 2not2, May 10, 2010.

1. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Wanted to see if anyone has had this happen or has any suggestions...

I don't remember falling or stepping on it wrong, but Saturday evening, my ankle felt like it had been twisted/sprained. Then yesterday it was very stiff and the movement was very restricted. I kept telling my husband it felt like if I could "pop" it, it would feel better but he was afraid to try it. At some point last night, that happened (not on purpose) and it immediately eased some of the pain and I was able to move it more.

There is no swelling and it still has that same crampping feeling but a couple of times today while walking it has "gone out" on me. I had to grab onto something to keep from falling down. Help! :confused:

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

While not ankle related. My knee did that for years prior to me having knee surgery several years ago. Always felt great when it would pop and relieve some of the pressure.

3. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  4. Miss Maddy

Miss Maddy Member

I had problems with my ankle last year after getting a pedicure , couldn't figure it out, had no actual injury, so I had it x-rayed and found out it was fractured, my doc said it could have been an old injury from yrs ago and the slightest twist refractured it. But I did have some swelling.

5. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Lose some weight? When I was heavy my ankles killed me, so instead of resorting to RX's I lost weight and no problems since! Just think the load your ankles and knees have to bear when you are overweight. Of course, losing weight is no piece of cake either.