AC problems

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, May 11, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

For some reason our heat pump does not turn itself off on it's own,I have to set it on off for it to stop running outside,it does stop blowing air on the inside after the set temp. is reached though,it still cools and heats.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

2. EngNCSU

EngNCSU Well-Known Member

Sounds like the thermostat is not talking to the outside unit, might want to replace the thermostat first, if not that, then call HVAC peeps.

3. AnnetteL

Thanks! Is it fairly easy to replace the thermostat?

4. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

5. AnnetteL

6. AnnetteL

I've been researching the problem online and going by that it could also be the contactor or relay that needs replacing ...
    Wonder how much that is going to cost :?
    I saw that it's about $9.00 online but I don't know if DH can manage to replace it himself.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

If needed Chuck is the MAN! He will come day or night.

Chuck's Refrigeration Heating & Air Conditioning
    210 Wilsons Mills Road
    Smithfield, NC 27577-3246
    (919) 989-6865

Sherry

8. AnnetteL

Thanks Sherry!

9. AnnetteL

Looks like we got lucky,at least for the moment.
    DH turned the breaker off for the AC for a couple of minutes last night and then turned it back on again,so far the outside unit is once again shutting itself off,
    it will most likely wait until the weather is in the upper 90's or close to a hundred before breaking down completely!

10. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

There is a web site you can go to and they do the searching for you. We used them for our ac. Guy came out did a great job didn't bs us and the price was alot lower than we thought. They are very quick to respond, we got 3 calls in less than 10 minutes. This site will help find companies you need for any reason, and they only deal with top rated companies.

http://www.servicemagic.com

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We like Chucks too!