high school vandalism!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by wildcatmom7, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

^hey, I was just messing with ya on the dangerboy thing the other day. :cool:

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

As of right now, I'm not pulling my child out of graduation. I have faith in the school administration and the authorities that if they thought there was a real threat of harm that they would either move or cancel the ceremony. I tend to agree that if they were serious about the threats that they would not have made it so public.

We can't live our lives in constant fear or we won't be "living" at all. If you get right down to it we are not safe anywhere, even at our own home. There are home invasions everyday. We just have to pray for safety and carry on.

I'm more worried about having a heat stroke on Friday than I am violence. LOL

3. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

Oh I know I'm just messin back

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I think you and I are thinking the same way on this. Freeze some bottles of water to take with you. Let the kids and families enjoy this moment and the authorities will handle all else.

I'm with db on this scenario versus Columbine......nothing in common that I can see.

Sherry

5. michelle

Already got some bottles of water to go in the freezer tomorrow. I'm gonna try to find me one of those little hand held fans to take with me.

6. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

oooh, saw one at the creek last weekend that had a squirt bottle attached to the bottom of it, so you could have your own little mist tent...

7. ubergeek

ubergeek Well-Known Member

Well my family is definitely going to my son's graduation on Friday. It is going to take more than some drop-out bullies' threats to make me miss it. I hope they fry this person (legally - not literally) when (not if) they catch him, her or them!

The whole thing really tics me off. Really disappointed that a kid or kids could get on campus and do that kind of damage without being caught on camera.

8. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

I assure you I don't assume to know anything about you. I was just trying to explain that it is a difficult decision to make, not only on an intellectual level, but an emotional one as well. As well as to make a statement about how people tend to react/judge after the fact--as in you would be a bad parent that should have known better than to risk attending if something were to actually happen, and you are an overly cautious weenie if you opt to not go and nothing happens. At this point our plans have not changed, although I do wish they could/would give some kind of encouraging update. I'm not convinced that no news is good news in this case.

9. michelle

We got a recorded call tonight that said there will be no purses, tote bags, umbrellas, chairs, etc. allowed. Basically, all you can walk in with are your keys and a camera (out of the case). They will be selling bottled water there for $1.

10. Cleopatra

<Whew> I was going to be sad. Don't tell the others on here, but you're one of my favorite posters.

11. Cleopatra

UBERGEEK!!!!!!!!!!!

HEEEEEYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

12. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Makes sense. I guess some of the ladies may feel out of sorts without their purses. Not much different than some other venues like concerts or shows. Of course, I predict many will forget some things and have to return to their vehicles to leave such items. I always carry a pocketknife. I had to go to the courthouse one time for a copy of a record. Walked two blocks to get inside and then was turned away because of my pocketknife. Had to go all the way back to my truck.

13. ubergeek

ubergeek Well-Known Member

Hey, girl! Life's been SO busy...but I had to check out "the scoop" on what people had heard about this mess. I hope we hear when they catch them.

14. Cleopatra

We miss you, and haven't forgotten you! :)