Summer School

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Grinder, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Does JC offer it? My son did not do well in one of his classes and he is moving up to 9th grade, figured it might be a good chance for him to improve.

2. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

I think the only ones that "get" to go to summer school are ones that have not passed EOG/EOC tests and are getting remediation.
    Is a private tutor an option?

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I've heard good things about Sylvan, and I know JCC is a satellite for the NC State Summer Reading programs.

4. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Thanks. Its not that he needs help with any subject, he just quit the last 9 weeks. End of school, 14 years old, met a girl......

I was just looking to see if i could make him do it right this time.

It was his advanced English class...

I think it was the girl. He always did good before they came along. You know how you women are.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest Sylvan, also, but read the age and grade and will tell you my girl went through the same thing. I think it's that Middle School to High School period where some kids think they are smart enough to just slide by and the hormones get going at the same time.

Ours lasted through the first semester of high school and I actually sent her to Sylvan. It took all I could do to get her through her freshman year of high school and then she seemed to understand how important it was to study again and that boys will come and go.

I'd let him enjoy summer and see how he does his first semester of high school. They have so much pressure on them in school and with peers I really think we need to allow them to act and be there age during the summer. Watch him closely his first semester in high school and then make a decision.

Good luck,
    Sherry

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Sherry is wise. :cool:

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

:cheers: Thank you.

Sherry

8. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

DH is that you?