Need help finding an OB/GYN asap

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pjb, Jun 21, 2010.

1. pjb

pjb Guest

Hello everyone. Well, I've had a pap come back with abnormal cells and I need to find an obgyn to see. My reg. dr. mentioned Cary OBGYN on Waverly but didn't actually recommend them. They're just in the same building.

I'm a little concerned as I've been having lower back pain since Jan. and just figured it was my back. Maybe not? Can anyone recommend a dr.? I don't really care where they're located as long as they have a good reputation. As you can imagine, I'm a bit worried and Cary obgyn said they'll call me to schedule something in a week! Thanks for your help neighbors :)

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

My wife goes to Dr. Karen Roane (over near Rex Wellness in Garner) and has been very pleased with her. She is a very thorough doctor and expresses concern for her patients. She is only a GYN though. She no longer delivers babies.

Oh, and don't fret too much over early tests. In many cases, you'll worry yourself over nothing. At least I have in the past.

3. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Oh Boy, try not to worry too much. Dr. Marzbani has some good doctors in his office in Smithfield near JMHospital.

4. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

Dr Catherine Dingman, GYN only. She is a wonderful doctor.

5. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

For my yearly I see Julie Keeler in Holly Springs.
    http://www.magnoliawomenshealth.net/
    She is awesome!

For the surgery I had in October I went to
    Dr. Paul M Heimbecker, MD
    Holly Springs Medical Center
    500 Holly Springs Road 105
    Holly Springs, NC, 27540
    Phone Number:(919) 776-7640

He was awesome too!

6. lissa27504

lissa27504 Well-Known Member

I have been going to Blue Ridge OB/GYN (they have an office off of Duraleigh Rd and one right across from Rex Hospital). I've had an abnormal pap before went through the necessary procedures with them.

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

My sisters and I (and my mom when she was still with us) saw Dr. McKenzie @ Wake OBGYN. Awesome! 781-6200. Try not to stress (haha). I and many I know have had that scare. It turned out okay. :)

8. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

:iagree: Try not to worry! I see Dr John Marks in Raleigh, GYN, not OB. Very nice doctor, small office, his wife is his nurse and it feels like you are in their living room when there. He even has "real" gowns and sheets, not the paper ones! I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes in the waiting room, and only once. 841 0848

9. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

No recommendations for you but can say my mom has always, always had abnormal cells on her tests. Never been anything. Docs told her it is not uncommon. I was expecting it on my pap tests but so far so good. Just know it is easier said than done to not worry but it is SO true. I've had lumps removed from my breasts that just scared me to death for awhile. The not knowing is what will drive you batty. Keep your mind & hands busy. Hope you find a great doc soon and do hope you hear excellent news as well.

stephanie-- mom to 7

10. pjb

pjb Guest

Thank you all!

You guys have all been so great! What a wonderful group of people! I appreciate your words of wisdom and concern. I'll make some phone calls in the morning and keep you all posted. Thanks again!

Paula

11. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I second Dr. Karen Roane in Garner. My daughter sees her and she is the best.

12. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

greg brannon in cary is awesome if cary is somehow convenient for you.

dr anne bon pain (i know right? who wants to go to a gynie with a name like that!) is with cary ob/gyn but has a gyn only office in the clayton medical park on 70 in clayton. she is really nice and since the clayton branch is only only gyn so her office isnt busy. 553-2612

db's wife

13. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

I go to Dr Marks too!! Been going to him for about 10 years now, LOVE HIM!! I went thru about 4 gyn drs before I found Dr Marks trying to find one that I liked, but Dr Marks is THE BEST!! I have referred several friends to him and everyone absolutely loves him. He really cares about his patients.

14. meg

meg Well-Known Member

I have been going to Cary OB/GYN for over 18 years. They delivered both of my children, they are great......I currently see Dr. Bruggers at Cary OB/GYN he is really good and is upfront and honest. The phone number if you want to call them is 467-5941.

Good Luck! hope all is well!!!!

15. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

This entire practice is awesome! I wouldn't go anywhere else. Dr. McKenzie is wonderful, but I also love Dr. Bass, he delivered Little Bit.

They are compassionate, they listen, and they don't rush you. In addition, I have never had to sit and wait in the waiting room more than 15 minutes.

16. dangerboy

i think ive been here before. isnt dr bass kinda hot? If I have to go to a male gynie I would rather it not be some hot dude8)
    he was a nice doctor in spite of his hotness from what i remember.

db's wife

17. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Dr. Bass is midly hot, lol....

However, he's got like 7 kids and is madly in love with his wife. I figure that he's seen so many rear ends, it doesn't really matter to him what mine looks like. Plus, I'd rather see a male doctor.....I'm just weird that way.

18. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

I second this office, they delivered my last little one. Great Dr's and staff :)

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I second Marzbani in Smithfield. I hope everything turns out well.

20. dangerboy

have you ever noticed most ob/gyn dude docs have a bunch of kids?
    things that make ya go hmmmmmm....

db's wife