Darryl Burke/Fuquay Varina

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mayday, Jul 3, 2010.

1. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

Does anybody know what happened? I test drove a used car there Monday, DH went by yesterday to make an offer & all the cars were gone. We know they had lost their dealership but there were at least 15 used cars there earlier this week. Thanks for any information!

2. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

They were part of the bailout program. GM did not renew their license or whatever it is called. A friend of mine that worked there knew they were closing but did not know when.
    The boss came in on Wednesday mornig and said "Today is the last day".

3. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

Thanks!

4. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

Anybody know where the cars were going? Another dealer or auction? Thanks!

5. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

next closest chevrolet dealer is hiester, i believe...just head down 55 out of fuquay for about 10 minutes, it's on the left.

6. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

Thanks db. There was actually a used 2009 hyundai santa fe that we were going to buy. The sales guy I was working with actually called me Wednesday night but I was at the movies seeing "Eclipse". I wish he would have told me it was their last night or maybe he wasn't allowed to...

7. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

J. Hiester is moving to the Darryl Burke lot also

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

You should go down about 100 more feet to Anchor Auto...never before have I had a car buying experience such as I did there. I highly recommend it.

http://www.anchorautonc.com/

9. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

wow, that's great for them. as it stands, they actually cater towards (read: buy advertising for) a more southern market, more towards fayetteville. this will move them into wake county and into the triangle metro

10. meg

meg Well-Known Member

We bought a new car from them a few years ago and paid extra to get lifetime oil changes. Does anyone know if any other Chevrolet dealership will honor that or is it just that location? Am I SOL????