Hotels in the area & ...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

We have a few folks from out of town coming to help us fix up our house. think very mini extreme home makeover(only w/out the glitz)--LOL. The house needs some repairs and some friends of ours have offered to help out. We thought since they are willing to do this all for us the whole weekend, we would be willing to put them up in a hotel. Trouble is, money is very tight due to house repairs and adoptions and such. So, is there any place you all would recommend locally that is clean but not that expensive? Any places your relatives have stayed? If so, please let me know. Also, has anyone used the tool rental place up at 42? If so, are they okay& reasonable? Trying to get all lined up. Thanks in advance. It is the weekend of the 24th/ 25th of July. Should be interesting. If anyone has done something like this before, let me know. I want to make sure I provide enough food & refreshments for sure. Hard workers like to eat. So, if you all are bored that weekend...come on over. Just kidding. If anything, it will be a riot seeing me try to use a hammer & a nail gun. Any tips on doing repairs as a group, let me know. Thanks in advance.

stephanie--mom to 7

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We have relatives that stayed at the Super 8 up at 40/42 a few months ago. They said it was very nice, clean, and there was a free continental breakfast in the mornings. It was by far the lowest priced hotel in the area as compared with Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, or the Comfort Inn Suites in Clayton.

3. SteelD

SteelD Active Member

Super 8 gets my vote. I stayed there several times over a period of a year and a half while in the process of moving here and having a house built here. Cheap and clean. Convenient right next to Lowes for your project and several different places to eat nearby. I worked for a remodeling company for about 8 years if you need any tips on doing anything feel free to send me a message. Good luck to you and hopefully it wont be to hot!!!!

4. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

We also stayed at Super 8 while in the process of moving in last year. It was clean and comfortable, and I would recommend it.

5. Abdulina

Thanks everyone! Sounds like Super 8 is the way to go. And you're right...close to Lowes. May take SteelD up on those tips if I think of any. We're going to be installing windows among many other items. If I think of any questions, I'll definitely ask. Thanks for the heads up on Super 8.

Stephanie--mom to 7

6. Casceysmom

Casceysmom Guest

you should post your address too as you may get some donated food!

7. Abdulina

I think I have the food covered.(my older kids love to help me cook) More workers would be great--LOL. We're trying to get the house finished ASAP as we just got word our orphanage wants us over there to pick up the children as soon as we can. Having a room for them to come home to is critical. This work weekend that our friends are helping us w/ will hopefully give us a good start to that. A neighbor might be able to help us out a bit as well. Thanks for the suggestion on the food but truly feel it should go to cases such as people being in the hospital, family tragedy or things of that nature. Our main goal is just to get the work done & somehow thank the folks that are helping us w/ their time & labor. Just feel like a thank you is not enough. Any suggestions on a type of thank you would be awesome as well. Now, if you all want to stop by for some food, just bring a hammer--LOL. Enjoy your week everyone.

Stephanie--mom to 7