OLD DRUG STORE RESTAURANT/YOKOHAMA SUSHI

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Mar 22, 2010.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Same thing happened with Kai's years ago.....seems someone was getting paid....just not the right ones.

2. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

:iagree:

3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Cripes! You could have built a new Taj Mahal with all of the remodeling that place has seen over the years. It is just never going to happen for that place.

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ok, i see y'alls points but i have faith that eventually the right place will find it's way there - it is too ideal and historical a location to go to nonuse so i will continue to support any that try to keep that corner as our little corner of the neighborhood. :cheers:

5. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Maybe this time I'll get a chance to try it out before it closes.

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I agree that the produce stand is probably the most successful business that has ever been on that corner. We stopped by there the other day and I thought there prices were very high. Went to Lowe's Foods and got a watermelon $4 cheaper!

7. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

ODS/Produce Stand

I bought a watermelon there yesterday for $3.00. How could Lowe's be $4.00 cheaper?

8. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

They were $7 there on Sunday.

9. rhw7879

rhw7879 Well-Known Member

I agree with everyone, it seems that everytime they open something there, that it is doomed. It would be nice to have a great restaurant in the area instead of driving to Cary or Raleigh downtown. Seafood would be my preference, but not sure if they are willing to drive down to the beach to get the fresh seafood? or even have it delivered.
    Time will tell............

10. jbny2076

jbny2076 Well-Known Member

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

looks good, any idea on an opening date yet and what will the hours be? Will there be a difference between the 2 sides?

12. jbny2076

Unfortunately not off hand. I will try to find out though and post.

13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Menu has an item that has my interest up. Lobster and shirmp mac N cheese.

14. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Prices aren't bad.

15. bulldawg

bulldawg Well-Known Member

I wish em luck but I betcha vegetables and fruit will be sold in the parking lot next spring. Prices are a little steep but I will check it out. I hope they can find good help. Well atleast better help from the last attempts.

Wish it was sushi though. Anyone know where John went ( I think that was the sushi guy)? I loved his delicious uncooked fish.

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I think the fish put more into the deal than John did. Don't they deserve your praise! 8)

17. PowerTim

PowerTim Well-Known Member

I wish 'em luck.

We love Bahama Breeze, but hate the drive, traffic, and long waits to eat there. Hopefully, the food will be just as good. I also hope the the quality of service and decor will justify the menu prices. We look forward to giving them a try.:cheers:

18. jbny2076

Just and update. The tentative opening will be sometime in August. Of course that is if all goes well with renovations, etc. I am looking forward to having another option for dinner close to home as opposed to fast food, etc. I too am a fan of Bahama Breeze. Just live to far away from it now.

19. JoCoREZ

JoCoREZ Well-Known Member

Did you ever find out where John went???

20. bulldawg

bulldawg Well-Known Member

Nope still waiting to hear