Proactive--???

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

I have a teenage daughter that wants to try this stuff. Anyone on here actually use this? Did it work? We've tried over the counter stuff and dermatological stuff awhile back b/c she used to break out around her hairline. Now she breaks out but I seriously I thought it was from her working out so much now & sweating. She washes it everyday and stays clean. It's not bad but to a teenage girl, anything is bad. LOL. Just let me know if any of you have used this or your kids. Thanks so much.

Stephanie--mom to 7

2. lissa27504

lissa27504 Well-Known Member

I used it when I was a teenager (approx 16/17)...worked great. Only problem I had with it was I couldn't use it every day because it really dried out my skin so I would use it every other day. I loved it and wish my Mom would have bought it for me when I was a 'younger' teenager!!

3. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

thanks so much. I've heard good things so may give it a try.

stephanie--mom to 7

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

5. greengoddess

greengoddess Active Member

My son used Proactive and it actually made the acne worse! And their customer service is ridiculous. They actually tried to talk me into ordering more when I told them it didn't work!

My daughter uses SkinID and swears by it.

6. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I got some good advice from a department store clerk when I was 18 (many moons ago!). As I was telling her about my acne and what to use on it, she said that as I spoke, she noticed I had been touching my face, and to try and stop doing that and it would most likely clear up. I stopped touching my face and it actually did make a difference. Alot of dirt and bacteria builds up on our hands over the course of the day.

7. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

Having had two teenagers, my advice would be to seek help from your MD.
    If you have only a copay with your health insurance company you'll find it actually cheaper to pay this at the MDs office, have them give you some free samples of acne cream medications, enough to clear it up for the time being and from that point she can continue to keep it clear with washing her face with Neutrogena (recommended hands down) or some other facial wash.

Plus, MD is sure to give you a prescription, have it filled if need be. From experience, we found it cheaper to go this route because our prescription plan paid for the medication minus our portion (20%), which came out cheaper than over-the-counter products. Why? You use a lesser amount of a prescription product than those purchased over-the-counter.
    Just our experience.

8. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

My daughter has several friends that use Proactive and all say that it works great for them. We went the prescription route when my daughter was a little younger, and can't remember the name of the stuff she was prescribed but that also worked great at the time.