Chicken Wing Connoisseurs

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JoCoREZ, Aug 12, 2010.

1. JoCoREZ

JoCoREZ Well-Known Member

I need some help. I love Chicken wings! I have boycotted my last great find due to a crazy price increase. I used to go exclusively to Bullfeathers in Fuquay but they raised their price from $9 to $12 for a dozen wings. Ouchragious.

So, I am looking for a new place to try. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We love the wings at the Cleveland Draft House. They have three sizes and the large I believe is 10 wings , for $7.89. But on Sundays their wings are all half priced! That's the time to go!

3. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I like the wings at Locked and Loaded in Garner. On Tuesday nights they have $.35 wings. My favorite is Em-R Wings in Angier (?). Cleveland Draft House wings are OK. I hear that the wings at that place over by Lowes Food on 70 are good.

4. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. Chicken's cheap right now, but wings keep going up. Supply and demand, I reckon. I used to like BWW, but they too, went up on their prices and I think down on the size of their wings. McKinleys has, I think 35 cent wings (Craig???, Tassy???) on Sundays.
    If anyone else knows of wing specials around, I would like to know, too. Right now I get my fix at the beach.

BTW - I have always loved the "Dutch Quality" wings at the Clubhouse, but they're expensive too. Big wings that have been perfectly marinated and then fried, it would be a shame to contaminate them with any kind of sauce. Just some celery and blue cheese on the side! GOOD EATS!!!

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

The wings at Mckinley's are .35 each on Sundays and .45 to go, other wise Mon.-Sat. they offer them in groups of 6, 12, 18.

While I haven't tried them the wings at Characters Quarters they look really good, and I know the wings at Buffalo Bros. on Capital are good. Shuck em Shack has wings as well that aren't too bad for an oyster bar, but be warned their wings are lightly battered then deep fried and then tossed in the sauce.

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I think the wings at Mckinley's are up to .45 each on Sundays to eat in. I don't know if they still charge more to go. They went up a few months ago. Still not a bad deal. They aren't the worlds greatest wings, but they are OK and on Sunday's the price is right.

I prefer Venero's wings. In my opinion they are the best in Clayton. They are in the neighborhood of $7.00 for 10. Not sure if they have any specials.

In Raleigh there are multiple places for good wings. Not sure about Fuquay, I avoid that place. I drove through there once on a Saturday, what a mess.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

My backyard, prepared by my DH. :jester:

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I know they went up a while back from .25 to .35 and honesstly didn't realize they had gone up again. Course with football starting up again guess I'll pay closer attention to the prices, as I'll be there every Sunday to catch the Panthers.

9. PBJtime

PBJtime Guest

La Cocina has good wings....

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

I guess I was thinking that the topic was Buffalo wings, not just deep fried chicken wings.

11. Polkadots

Polkadots Well-Known Member

LaCocina has wings???? Ewwwwww

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

:iagree:

wings cooked in your backyard by you OR your DH beat any wing out there!

13. gracey1314

gracey1314 Well-Known Member

Ray's Pizza in Clayton has very yummy wings! (This coming from a bullfeathers fan as well!!)

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

DH says thank you. :jester:

15. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Lock and Loaded does have good wings good! I also like Kick Back Jacks wings, and they have them on special one night with beer but I forgot when (sorry)! If you are in for a drive or to just hang out in Raleigh then I would recommend Buffalo's Cafe (not Buffalo's Wild Wings) on Creedmoor Rd in the Stonehenge shopping center not too far from Crabtree. Yummm! I worked there as a bartender/server years ago and they have great food and a small fun atmosphere too. The Kick'n Chicken Wrap is also great at Buffalo's!

http://www.buffaloscafe.com/

16. fizzco

fizzco Well-Known Member

I can tell you for a fact that the prices have increased from the food distributors. a whole lot.

17. PBJtime

PBJtime Guest

18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

LOL - OK. I didn't think I would offend someone by pointing out my own mistake. Thanks for protecting me from myself.

Yes, I have had them. There was no batter, there was no flavoring. They brought bare wings and a cup of Texas Pete to dip them in. Maybe they have changed them since last winter.

19. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

:jester::jester: DontCareHow, I had to giggle when I see that you actually care about Buffalo wings, thought that was ironic that they started in NY, so you must care at least a little bit :lol:

I know...silly comment, but hey its Friday, I'm being silly

20. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Hooter's are my favorite wings. I can't eat the breaded ones, they're just too heavy, but their 'naked' ones are outstanding. Can never finish the 10...