TerraFin Station - reviews only please

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tassy, Aug 22, 2010.

1. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

We stopped by on our way home from a concert at 9:45 and the door was locked. There were people at the bar but no one at the tables eating. We were just going to get something to drink and to see if they had any desserts yet. Anyone know if they changed their hours?

2. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

We ate there last night and will give them another try in a couple of weeks. I did not like how loud it is in there though. We arrived about 7pm and it was not busy but in the entire time we were there it picked up quite nicely. The food was good and we only had one gripe..our appetizer came out then 10 seconds later the meals arrived. We had waited for the appetizer for a good 20 minutes at least (in fact the table next to us came after we did and got theirs before us). They did of course take the appetizer back and took it off the bill and took an extra 10% off so that was good. I am hoping it is just they need to iron out the opening kinks and get a system down.

3. thewildmom

thewildmom Well-Known Member

We ate there last night too, about 6:15. It was pretty crowded at that point and VERY loud. The food was good. Service was okay, with a few glitches. Cost of the meal was not bad at all. We will go back, but they definitely need to address the noise issue and maybe the openness of the restaurant.

4. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

Terrafin Station

It is loud in there and always has been. Sounds bounce and reverberate off the plaster walls and make it seem even louder than it is. Just a suggestion, maybe they could glue acoustic ceiling tiles to the walls and absorb some of the sound. It would be easy to decorate.........
    Just sayin'

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Their web site said they open at noon on saturdays and we showed up just before 1pm for a Birthday Lunch for my wife, and the doors were locked. Looks like I might never get to try them. :x

6. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

I got there at 1:30 today and ate lunch. It was really good. I had the shrimp and lobster cakes and bowl of clam chowder. Will definitely go back!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  7. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

They must have seen us coming. :lol:

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

And I wore my best Charlie Sheen shirt! :boxing:

9. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

It's the shorts, Dude.

10. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

I was never in there when it was a bar, but I would not have stayed long with music as loud as it must have been. The noise is really an issue, they need to address it. When my hubby and I were there, there were people at 2 other tables, and 4-5 people at the bar, and it was so loud at times we could not hear each other. And the only mistake the waitress made was I am sure due to her not being able to hear us. My hubby did not get a steak knife, he asked for one when she came back to the table, and I don't think she heard him, because we had to flag her down when we saw her again to get one.

11. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

I REALLY like supporting local restaurants. I want to try this one badly but I cannot stand a loud restaurant whether it be loud because of music or people talking. I'll wait and see if they address this problem before we try them out.

DB's wife

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey folks, went by tonight and btw, the shrimp lobster mac & cheese is awesome but anyway, they are listening to this thread and want to make this a neighborhood privately owned restaurant that accommodates the folks that live here. They have put up some type of valances all around the ceiling & installed very nice sound blocking window treatments on all the walls. The difference was amazing!!!!! i always love supporting our local businesses instead of chains so i was very impressed.

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

thats great to know!!

:hurray:

14. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

Good, it may be time for another trip over there, I'm thinking fish tacos, yum!

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

they were yummy!!

16. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I think we're gonna go eat there tonight! I'm excited to see what they've done with the place...

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

you will be amazed, it still shocks me when i walk in there and we have been 3 times and you have to check out the bathrooms:lol:

18. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

DH & I plan to check it out this weekend. The lobster mac & cheese sounds YUMMY!!

19. fooser

fooser Active Member

Just had the clam chowder to go and it was great !!! Can't wait to try something new.

20. NCGIRL

NCGIRL Well-Known Member

The family went this week and it was great. The inside looks amazing and I loved the pictures they have in there. It was so cool to see pictures of Mr. Valton Beasly's birdhouses, the strawberry water tank, local horses, wells, street/road signs, etc. It really makes you feel like they want to be part of the growing community.

I got the Ahi Tuna sandwich...took 1/2 home and ate it for lunch the next day. It was large. My husband got the fish tacos and my kids split a mac&cheese plate with mashed potatoes. They did not like the mashed potatoes because of the skin. I tried some of them and thought they were outstanding. Great flavor! We got the chocolate chip cheesecake and it was great too.

Justin was our waiter and we talked about where they get the food. I was impressed when he told me they buy all local produce and get their seafood from NC & SC.

I am all about supporting your local community. We will definitely be going back.