TWC Phone sevice, anyone using it?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Steeler_Fan, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

Anyone have Time Warner phone service? If so what your thoughts on it? I am moving soon, and thinking about getting service for phone rather than normal landline.

Thanks

2. Jalen

Jalen Well-Known Member

TWC Phone

I honestly can't tell the difference in TWC Phone and any other phone service I've ever had. But I'm not a power user, just the basics.

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Used Vonage over TWC and it worked fine. Have since moved to just Mobile phones.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

we've had it for about 6 years....no problems at all...same as any landline IMO

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Only reason that we still have a landline through the phone company is that in the event of a power outage, the phone line still works. Not sure that is the case for TWC phone service.

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

We've had it a couple of years now and no problems except for when the power goes out. ...and DH finally gets through and asks if anyone has called and I say no. dee-duh dee [​IMG] .. lol I forget about the power but I have the cell so there's really no problem there. As far as long distance. That would be great if I KNEW somebody long distance!

7. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Of course, if you only have a cordless phone, then if there is a power outage, the landline through a phone company is of no use.

8. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

We have TWC phone. No problems. Our subdivision has underground power lines so power seldom goes off. If it does we use cell.

9. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info everyone

10. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Well this is not quite true folks. TW digital phone for 18 months. No problems. Now in last 15 days we are losing calls. We use cordless phones. Have replaced them. TW has been out here 2 times. Keeps telling us our modem is OK. History of modem on their data indicates no interuptions.
    Anyone with TW digital phone service had that problem? We are at wits end!!!
    We also have TWC Roadrunner and tV. No problems with them.

11. carolgilx

carolgilx Well-Known Member

TWC phone sucks!!!! Gone to only cell phones.

12. rwilkerson

rwilkerson Active Member

I had it for 4 years and never had issues. It's when I went with ATT that I started having all kinds of line noise etc. TWC was cheaper too.

13. plummobile

plummobile Well-Known Member

TWC

We have had TWC phone/cable/internet for years and have had no problems. But, seeing as we use our cell phones more and more and the house phone less, I bought MagicJack to try out and am going to turn the TWC phone off. I noticed no difference in quality. You do have to leave your computer on all the time but we do that anyways.