Gayle's in Smithfield

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kingrichard43, Oct 7, 2010.

1. kingrichard43

kingrichard43 Active Member

Does anyone know what happened to Gayle's Old & New in Smithfield? Did they relocate or bite the dust...?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I know where you are talking about. My MIL said she closed up shop... :(

3. kingrichard43

Gayle's

Thanks Tassy....I figured it was another "business casualty"....too bad.

4. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Were you looking for THAT store in particular or just that kind of shop? There are several places like that in Benson; Benson Flea Market Mall, Mule City Flea Market, Korner Flea Market, Seven Sisters and As Good as New are located within about a 1-mile radius of downtown. There are also a few in Dunn if you feel like heading over that way; Broad St. Bazaar, Sunrise Antiques, Boleka's and Sax Thrift Ave. just to name a few. I actually think there are a few more around there but I am not familiar with the rest.

Good shopping if you have the time to browse! I also stopped in at Peddler's village on Hwy. 42 this week and checked out the new store where the party place was. Nice store!

5. kingrichard43

Gayle's

Thanks "2". My hubby actually cringed when he read your reply and now knows there are even more places for me to shop!!! I can't wait to try these places. Maybe I will run into you. I will be the gal with the man who looks like he's in pain!!!!
    It's our shopping trade off....eventually we end up in a hardware/automotive parts store and I end up with the look of pain!!!!

Hey..one more thing...the Selma antiques festival is on 22-24 October & I hear they have some pretty good pickings there.....Have a great weekend and happy shopping!!!!

6. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

Oh My Goodness!! I Loved that store!