I want to buy Fair admission/ride tickets from you!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tame44444, Oct 15, 2010.

1. tame44444

tame44444 Well-Known Member

I missed the advanced purchase tickets....

If anyone has any extra/left over Admission tickets or ride tickets to the Fair, I will buy them from you! Email me at tame444@yahoo.com.

2. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Subway has coupons. I think they are for $2 off fair admission.

3. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

My son is going with friends tonight. If he has left over tickets for the rides, I'll pm you!

4. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

so i'm not sure why exactly the state fair wouldn't want to continue to sell online tickets throughout the duration (or most of it) of the fair. seems like in instances like this it could influence whether people go or not. must be a logistical issue, but still seems like a good idea to me.

5. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

My sister in law was able to buy them today at the discounted rate thru State Employee Credit Union???

6. PowerTim

PowerTim Well-Known Member

Predatory towing...

If you go, please be careful where you park. My son is home from college on fall break and he and his girlfriend decided to go to the state fair this evening. Right now, my wife is enroute to Blue Ridge Road to pick them up to go get his (my) car out from impound. No parking to be found anywhere according to him, and he followed other cars into a movie theater parking lot and parked. You can guess the rest. It's gonna cost $100 I really can't spare to get the car back. While on the phone telling me the car had been towed, he saw a man in a car riding around taking down tag #'s and calling them in over a cell phone. I'm so mad right now and can barely think. My wife didn't think I should go with her. Honestly, I don't know if I'm more p____d off at the predatory towing company grabbing up cars at a hundred bucks a pop, my son for parking where he shouldn't, or the state for not having near enough parking for the state fair in the first place. This sucks!!

7. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

We always park along Hillsborough St., most of the time right around St. Mary's College. A bus comes by every 10 minutes or so and takes you right to the front gate. When you get ready to leave, you go to the front gate, get on a bus that says Hillsborough St ( or wherever you got on) and it'll take you back, almost to your car. Cost is about $2.00 round trip. Best money you'll spend all day!!! 8)

8. PowerTim

PowerTim Well-Known Member

Didn't heed my warning.

I have refused to go to the state fair for years, mostly due to the parking (lack of) issue. I specifically warned my son to be careful where he parked as he would get towed if he parked illegally. However, as he is a teen and knows everything and I have nothing but 44 years of life experiences and knowledge to fall back on, what do I know?

:beathorse:

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I always park at Carter Finely. It is free, holds thousands of cars and is a short walk to the back entrance of the fair on Trinity Rd.

10. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Oh, you have one, too. And here I was thinking that I had the only one! :shock:

11. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Same here. Seems like best parking and least traffic.

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

14. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I keep waiting for a stabbing or a shooting to show up on the news so I can say I told you so to my Mom. LOL She tells me every day how much fun I'd have if I'd go. I don't want to go. I lost interest going there years ago when it was so packed I had to tag along BEHIND my husband most of the night just to get from point A to point B. No thanks. Most leave common courtesy at the gate. "Excuse me" isn't in anyone's vocabulary. Pass.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I "think" we've been two times, maybe 3 in the 10 years we've lived here. It's too expensive, it's too crowded, I don't "do" rides (especially not ones taken down and put back up frequently) and people suck. I'm tired of hearing about it, and I may slap the next person that asks me if I'm going.:jester: Praise the Lord, after this weekend, we won't hear much else about it til next year.

Yes, I freely admit I am a State Fair Scrooge. 8)

16. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Same here and never had a problem. Of course, a lot of it might be due to when we go. You can always pay to park on private property. It is, afterall, just a once-a-year event. We did that a few times, but Carter Finley always seems to work just fine. I know exactly where that movie theater is at and that's a good little walk to the fairgrounds.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010