What day are the kiddies trick-or-treating?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Katt9, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I honestly don't care if its done Saturday or Sunday ... I just want to know which day the most folks are participating so my kids can have the most fun ... whichever night is decided upon. I've talked to some neighbors who say they are participating on Saturday, so the kids can have fun and go trick-or-treating & eat candy after dark ... without rushing to go to bed so they can be ready for school Monday morning. I've also talked to other neighbors who've said they are participating on Sunday because Halloween is Oct 31st. My worry is that my family will hold out and go on Sunday ... only to learn later that all the fun houses to visit in the neighborhood celebrated on Saturday and we were a day late. Neither myself of my kids care which day it's celebrated ... we're pretty flexible ... I just don't want the kids miss out because of my indecision. I guess I'll just have candy & costumes ready to go on Saturday ... and make a decision then.

2. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

But see, you're all good, you're aren't what I'm talking about, the reason you say Saturday is because the town has it that way. You aren't one that is saying do in on Saturday because tomorrow is Sunday (using a religious conotation)

And Melynda, heck I don't know...we're going on Sunday the 31st, from the way it sounds we will find at least 10 houses, after that it will all be calories on my hips anyway.

3. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I hope Sunday and that is what I was told today, we go to my parents neighborhood, cause I really don't have a neighborhood here. I requested that night off at work, so I can go out with my daughter and the other parents that we have been doing for 7 years. If they had done it Saturday night, then I wouldn't have been able to go. My daughter was not happy when I told her that. The 31st is Sunday, not Saturday!

4. below14thdesigns

below14thdesigns Well-Known Member

This is the only place I've lived where this is even an issue. It's pretty entertaining.

5. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

Just got the Clayton News-Star, first page says Clayton and Archer Lodge celebrate on Sunday.
    My porch light will be off on Saturday.

6. Hmmmm

Our lights will be off Saturday. Sunday is Halloween and unlike when the 4th was switched to Saturday I have some control over what day we hand out candy. The Chamber of Commerce and town of Clayton said it's on Sunday.

7. doggy

doggy Well-Known Member

Why is this such an issue? Trick or treat should be the night of Halloween, October 31st. What is so hard about this? I like the idea of making it the 4th Saturday of October but again, why is this an issue? SUCH PA-RESSURE!

8. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Our church does a harvest festival with games, bounce houses, face painting a lighted hayride, hot dogs, bowls of chili, Sno balls, family pictures and more. It is all FREE & every year it is on the 31st... Makes things easier that way. Trick or treating/Halloween is always the 31st.

9. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Trick or Treat

TRICK OR TREAT

Children under the age of 13
    will be Trick or Treating
    within Dunn City Limits
    Saturday, October 30th
    from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.

Dunn is Saturday

10. markfnc

The Town of Clayton observes Halloween on the date it falls on the calendar, and this year it is Sunday. The Town Council of the Town of Clayton is encouraging residents who participate in Trick-or-Treating on Sunday, Oct. 31 observe safety, courtesy and

Clayton is Sunday

11. markfnc

NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that Saturday, October 30, 2010, from 5:00pm
    until 8:30pm, is the official day and time for “Trick-or-Treat: activities and urge all citizens to
    take every precaution to ensure the lives of our young people.

Benson is Saturday

12. markfnc

At least six towns -- Smithfield, Benson, Kenly, Princeton, Pine Level and Four Oaks -- are moving Halloween trick-or-treating to Saturday, Oct. 30. Officials say they don't want Halloween to conflict with church services. Also, they note that Sunday is a school night.

Elsewhere in Johnston County, Selma plans to keep Halloween on Halloween, while Micro, Wilson's Mills and Archer Lodge have yet to make a call on trick-or-treating. The Town of Clayton and county government, which oversees rural Johnston, say they won't make a recommendation either way.

sums up a few more towns.

13. markfnc

HALLOWEEN PARTY
    at GCAA!!
    A Spooktacular Night
    When: October 30, 2010 6-10 pm
    Where: 9200 Cleveland School Road
    Who: ALL children 12 and under ONLY
    Cost: $3/child
    No family will pay more than $12.00
    Children’s Games & Prizes
    Parents can dress up and join the fun too!!!

GCAA Saturday night

14. markfnc

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

well i will be at TFS for an adult Halloween Party on Saturday and candy will be given out at this 4042 house on Halloween - from those i have talked to in our neighborhood, the 31st is and always will be Halloween for the kids - might have to stop by JAM's Sat night for some of that wine though:cheers:

16. markfnc

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ya'll think its bizarre here??? I talked to my Mom tonight, she lives in PA and the trick or treating is TONIGHT!! She said they always have it the Thursday before Halloween. It's taken a her few years to figure out what they were doing, LOL. (no small kids around). So she was dressing up and getting ready to hand out candy tonight. I am so jealous she's actually going to have trick or treaters.

18. smellarat

smellarat Well-Known Member

A school night? so what. god forbid trick or treating on a school night :confused: what happens next year and the year after and the year after. when october 31st is thursday night, take them trick or treating 5 days early?:lol:

19. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

We're going away for the weekend, so we don't have to agonize over which day trick or treating is; I think all both kids in our subdivision won't even notice. Just hope no one messes with our guard gnomes by t.p.-ing our yard...:lol:

20. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

So is the Willow Spring area like Shadow lakes and White Mamorial chuch rd area considerd under the Benson Trick or treat schedule???