Not trying to beat a dead horse but..

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ladypopo, Nov 2, 2010.

1. ladypopo

ladypopo Active Member

I have been searching around for a traditional church in the area of either Smithfield or 40/42. I have searched through all the other threads on here from past conversations and didnt really get alot from them. Heres what I am looking for..I am trying to locate a traditional type church that doesnt have a full on band that plays through the whole service. I go to church for preaching and fellowship...not big on a concert every Sunday. (ps if thats your cup of tea...fine...no need to comment) I would also like the church to have a good childrens mininstry and be small enough where the preacher will know my name and about my family. I grew up in a church of god church however I am open to other denominations for our family. If anyone knows of a church that is similar to what I am looking for please comment or send me a private message. Thanks!

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Have you visted Shiloh? It is a larger church, but its also very warm and welcoming. They do have a band, but they don't play every Sunday, they also have a great choir. Most importantly, we have been very impressed by the pastor and his preaching.
    PS: we're not members here - just been visiting awhile. :)

3. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I am actually looking for a similar situation but need something closer to Clayton or Archers Lodge area.

If I were closer to the Garner/Hwy 50, I would join Mt. Zion. We visited with friends a few times and really like it but we moved and it is too far from Archers Lodge.

I plan to visit Hocutt in Clayton soon.

4. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

This is where we attend, Mt. Zion

http://mountzion-umc.org/

5. tatertot36

tatertot36 Well-Known Member

We belong to Hocutt and love it. It has a great children's program and youth program. I love our pastor. We have 2 services - 8:30 is a little more contemporary with a praise band that plays for a while at the beginning but not more than about 20 minutes. The 11:00 service has the traditional choir and hymns/chorus time. Hope to see you there!

6. kingrichard43

kingrichard43 Active Member

Mt Zion may be a good choice for you. Traditional, not pushy and is a very family oriented ("Safe Sanctuary") church. There are lots of programs/events/activities for the kids too. It has been in that location for 200 years!

7. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

Powhatan OFWB :) We'd Love to have you!!

8. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

9. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Hickory Grove AC Church off of hwy 210. Traditional church with a HUGE, active youth group. The pastor is amazing!

10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

11. JayT

JayT Well-Known Member

We are members at Mt. Zion as well. We not only recommend them, but would like to invite you as our guest. We attend the 11am service, and would be glad to introduce ourselves. Please visit Sandy at the "Guest assistance" table in the Narthex, as you enter as well.

As our Pastor says, we don't go to Mt. Zion because it's a friendly Church, but because it's where our friends are. May you find the right Church for you, even if it's not Mt Zion.

Take care and God bless.
    Jason Thomas