Unwanted Toys Wanted

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tamo245, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Tamo245

Tamo245 Active Member

I will be traveling to a very poor area of Central America at Christmas and would like to bring your unwanted toys in reasonably good condition for kids who otherwise will get nothing. I did this last year and I can not tell you how appreciative these kids were, many had never had a real toy of their own before!

Most of these kids are from families who are so poor that they eat only 5 meals a week, the ones they receive at school M-F, so their parents actually buying them a Christmas present is completely out of the question.

So if anyone has any unwanted toys that are in good shape that your kids have simply outgrown or maybe you just want to clean up the toybox before filling it again with new ones at Christmas ;-) please let me know.

Unfortunately, I will only be able to take 2 suitcases for the toys so smaller size toys are needed. Crayons and coloring books are really appreciated.

Please pm me, I will give you a local business in the area where you can drop anything off or answer any questions you have.

I will try to take pics of the various kids with the toys and post it here in January when I return so that anyone can share with their kids where their toy went.

Thanks!!

2. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Please post where we may deliver toys if they are still needed, thanks so much & safe travels!

3. Tamo245

Tamo245 Active Member

Bulldog Express

Tammy
    (please give them this if you take something)

Bulldog Express beside Food Lion at 4042

I have sent them an email and asked them to hold stuff for me. I wanted a place convenient and safe for people to drop stuff off, hopefully this will work. They are normally open until 6pm M-F and until 2pm on Saturday but not sure about this week with the holiday's and all.

Toys for children up to about at 12 mostly and I was told that baby and toddler stuff was also needed.

I will be carrying only 2 suitcases so please smaller size toys only... please. I would like to be able to take as many gifts as possible.

Thanks so much!!!