Acupuncture?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Nov 22, 2010.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

I did a quick search, and found nothing on here... Was wondering if anyone had ever tried acupuncture, and if so, what for, what were the results, and if it was local (to raleigh, joco, etc.) where did you go?

I am experiencing some carpal tunnel symptoms and would like to explore this alternative method before I take on surgery or something else.

I have done some research on it, and it seems to work rather well...and the new laser acupuncture works well too.

So, any thoughts? any advice?

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Not me, but two people I work with had it done. They were both smokers who had tried everything else. It has been almost two years for one of them and 1 1/2 years since the other has had a cigarette.

3. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I've done acupuncture for sinus issues and personally don't feel it made a difference. I have heard that there are good results, but I think it is the practitioner that makes it effective.

4. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Dr. Molly Leavitt runs the acupuncture clinic at Crabtree Chiropractic in Raleigh. She practices auricular acupuncture, meaning just pressure points in the ear. She is excellent as is the entire office. 781-8830 or check it out on http://www.crabtreechiropractic.com

5. gillac

gillac Well-Known Member

I have done acupuncture for headaches. It worked wonders for me. While I was pregnant, I also give it a try for morning sickness. I had OK results with that. Overall, I would highly suggest giving it a try. I went to Triangle Acupuncture Clinic near Wake Med Cary.

6. JellyBean

JellyBean Well-Known Member

It works, it works, it works!

It was actually my last resort (should have been my first visit) for daily headaches.

I went to Advanced Healthcare Solutions in Raleigh. Some insurance companies will cover some costs...Dr. Cutler will be very honest with you whether he can treat you or not. He is an herbalist too....I would go there for everything if I could afford it.

Good luck...it is awesome!!!!! (and I have had needles in my face/head and it doesnt hurt)

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Neck injury responded well to acupuncture!

8. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

I have had acupuncture for migraine headaches and it helped. I was a little sceptical about having needles stuck in my face and temples, but it did not hurt at all and relieived the pain.

9. below14thdesigns

below14thdesigns Well-Known Member