Best pizza restaurant in Raleigh or surrounding area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Savealot, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

HI,
    We have no kids for the night and want to go out to a good pizza restaurant. Any ideas? not interest in chains. thanks

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

3. Savealot

Maybe I should asked for a nice italian restaurant in Raleigh that serves great pizza. This list doesn't mention many italian restaurants,not interested in the one at cleveland and pizza inn. thanks

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Hmmm when I click on the link I get
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. .

But I like Venero's for Pizza and italian food.

5. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

There are no good pizza places left; just lucky ones on occasion.

6. Casceysmom

Casceysmom Guest

you need to try Lavolta downtown Raleigh. It is located on Fayettville st plaza. Great itialian food and awesome pizza! I work in the Progress Energy building ( which is where it is located ) and we go there frequently.

7. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

weird...me too now.

search>advanced search>thread titles only> "pizza"

i think every pizza restaurant/italian rest that serves pizza within about 50 miles of here has been covered in those threadz, not just pizza inn and marco's....

8. Savealot

I was looking for more ideas like the Lavolta. thanks though

9. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

What about Mulberry On Main? I haven't been but heard it was great!

10. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

A superb suggestion!

I have never ordered pizza there but I bet it's better-than-good. It's a nice restaurant that has pizza on the menu, vs. a fast food joint. I took my MIL there and she enjoyed it (...and we all know how discriminating MILs can be!).

My wife and I have been there a few times and enjoyed it. Kids are welcome, but it's a "grown up" place.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  11. redtangsoo

redtangsoo Well-Known Member

La Piazza next to loews at 42/50 is pretty good:cheers:
    Venero's off 70 is good:cheers:

12. smellarat

smellarat Well-Known Member

Mellow Mushroom, dude

13. Lucidity

Lucidity Well-Known Member

Sami's in Smithfield by JR's is by far the best.

14. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

La Piaza right at 50/42. great food, great pizza.

15. gracey1314

gracey1314 Well-Known Member

Vic's at City Market!

16. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

My favorite used to be Andy's Pizza at Quail Corners off of Falls of Neuse. It was originally owned by the Kanas family (think that is correct spelling) and my wife and I would go there every weekend for pizza and breadsticks. They sold out a few years ago and the atmosphere just changed a bit. Last time we eat there it was still good, but something seemed missing. I plan on trying it again soon, however.

17. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I'll never understand why anyone eats at Mulberry on Main. We've tried them several times and the food is pretty horrible. I'd go as far as saying that Olive Garden has better, and more authentic, Italian food. Bleh!

It really depends on what type of pizza you like. Venero's is really good if you like NY style. Mellow Mushroom has amazing crust and some great topping choices. Primavera has really good marinara/red sauce.

18. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Daniels on Main in Fuquay. Went there tonight with DH and friends. Its kind of like a Carrabbas, but its a Mom & Pop operation and I think a little nicer than Carrabbas. We have always gotten really good service and excellent Italian food there. I got Shrimp in a Lemon Dill sauce over linguine, DH & Sara got the Grilled Mahi Mahi over Penne pasta in white wine sauce, and Sam got Chicken Marsala. Everything we have ever tried there has been very good.

19. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

As for myself, I eat there (Mulberry) because I like their food as does others apparently, and the food is far from horrible. So don't try and understand why.

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Definitley to each their own on pizza. I've never had anything at Venero's that I liked, but other's seem to love it. Go figure!