Santa brought me a laptop for Christmas - we're still Strangers!

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by nsanemom22, Jan 16, 2011.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Yay! A laptop! Only we're still strangers. I've read nearly the whole manual. It's LONG! But I know how it works! I have a question about it blinking! It blinks black. Even with a full charge.. I would expect it to do it maybe with a low battery or something (but I read that it will go into hibernate before it just turns off) but it does it randomly. The screen will just flash black. Is there a reason for this? It's a Toshiba Satellite A665, Intel (R) Core (TM) i3 CPU M370 @ 240GHz, 4 GB, 64 bit. any ideas? Should I call Toshiba? It did it the first time we turned it on to use it. It hasn't just started.

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

anything?? damn it

3. lynkrn

lynkrn Member

I have a Toshiba Satellite and have never encountered this problem. You might want to call Toshiba.

4. nsanemom22

That's a good idea... There is an 800 number listed on the computer properties tab. Says they are open 24/7. Better to call than to go to the website. Thanks for responding. I didn't know if it was just a regular laptop type thing or not. This is the first one I've ever had access to. At first it was like a single man holding someone else's baby. I was almost afraid to touch it. lol For real. DH asked why I wouldn't take it out of the box. I told him I was afraid I would break it.

5. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Check "Power Schemes" or "Power Setup" in your programs list. More than likely under a Toshiba Directory. You can chose how it reacts, time limits, which button turns it back on, etc..

You can also right click the battery icon in the bottom right system tray and it should have a choice for setup. Once you get there, click the help button for instructions.

If you're new to laptops do yourself a favor. Google "How to increase the life span of my laptop battery". It will save you from buying a battery after only 8 months of use.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Here's a stupid question is there anything in the cd\dvd tray? If so take it out and reboot.

7. nsanemom22

Did all of the above. Especially the prolonging the battery life part! That was the first thing on my agenda! :idea: :cheers:

8. nsanemom22

Called Toshiba. Nice people.. Resetting now to factory default. They think it is third party software.

I'm waiting for the screen to blink....