GCAA Spring Baseball Registration

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mylittle_man, Jan 10, 2011.

1. mylittle_man

mylittle_man Active Member

Spring Baseball Registration ends SOON!!!

Please register your child for a great season of baseball. The cost will be $85.00.

There are two ways you can do this.

First: Register online through January 27, 2011 at: http://gcaasports.com/custpage.php?cid=65.

or

Second: There will be walk-in registration January 27, 2011 from 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm in the Ag. building.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at the field.

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Holy crap, I remember when it was 60 or 65.

Aside from that, I think GCAA is a great program.

3. Let's Play Baseball!

Still, $85 for everything (fields, uniforms, hats, umpires, insurance, equipment, lights, maintenance, etc.) for three and a half months of baseball is a good deal. It's good for the kids and baseball is still the great American past time.

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Probably should have started a new thread for this, but my daughter wants to play softball this year but she's never played before. She's about to turn 9 years old. Any suggestions? I looked at the GCAA website and saw where they have tryouts but I'm thinking she just needs to learn to play softball first! Maybe the YMCA would be better for her?

5. coach#8

coach#8 Active Member

Recreation Softball

GCAA recreation softball is the perfect place for your daughter to start playing softball. You must have seen the tryouts for travel softball which is a higher level of softball offered by the GCAA.

Check gcaasports.com for Rec softball registration. For recreation there is no tryout. Everyone girl that signs up gets onto a team and plays.

6. Crysta

Crysta Guest

They do have pseudo-tryouts for the girls softball. But it is more to create balanced teams than actual tryouts, because everyone makes it. The balanced teams are great because the girls can learn from eachother. My daughter is on her second year of the 8 year old team and I would think your daughter would be fine going right in at her age level. They cover the basics really well and she should be able to learn what she needs to know at the practices. There are plenty of girls out there that are still learning the basics, so she really should be fine.

7. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Thanks coach and chrysta for the info!

8. Soccermom81

Soccermom81 Well-Known Member

My daughter is 11 and will be 12 in Feb. She wants to play softball. This is her 1st year playing. Is the GCAA good for her to start in? Is she too old to begin playing or is it ok for her 1st year? Thanks for any help. New to this.

9. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Signed my son up yesterday, he's so excited!! This is the first season in a while we're taking off from soccer with our other two, it's just too hard to get 3 kids to different games and practices every day and weekend. Baseball is cool because they play their games during the week, so if we take off for a weekend we don't miss any games. I'm REALLY hoping he gets the same coach he had in the fall, but not sure how they work that. His coach was great and helped my son get the confidence he has now.

10. littleman

littleman Well-Known Member

Bump

:grouphug:

11. coach#8

coach#8 Active Member

Not too late

No, it is not too late for her to start playing softball and the GCAA is a very good place for her to start. The recreation program is set up to where girls of all levels can enjoy softball. Rules are in place to ensure all girls play and you won't find a more caring group of coaches. There will also be a preseason camp in March that your daughter can attend to get her feet wet before the season starts.

In the next few weeks look for registration info for the season and the camp at gcaasports.com.

12. Soccermom81

Soccermom81 Well-Known Member

Thanks for information. We are going to sign her up. I am going to look into the camp also. My youngest daughter wants to play too. She is 6 turning 7 in April. Is tee-ball better for her or go straight into 8U? She has never played before also. TIA.

13. littleman

littleman Well-Known Member

14. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

t ball is based on age not skill. check website www.gcaasports.com to see when t ball age cutoff is

15. GCAA Baseball Bump

The Greater Cleveland Athletic Association Baseball Program is now accepting registrations for Spring Baseball for children ages 5 - 12. Practices will begin Feb. 13 and the spring season will run from March 13 until May 30. Registration includes jerseys, caps and socks for every player. T-Ball: 5 and 6-year-old boys and girls are eligible to play t-ball.

Coach Pitch: 7 and 8-year-olds.

Midget League: 9 and 10-year-olds.

Little League: 11 and 12-year-olds.

Remember, the deadline to register is Thursday, Jan. 27 and our rosters are filling up fast. For more information, please visit the GCAA website www.GCAAsports.com, email us at baseball@gcaasports.com or call Pete Siemion at (919) 417-6272.

16. DEADLINE IS THURSDAY

...another bump for the Great American Past time - DEADLINE IS THURSDAY