Pediatric Dentist

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Allioop, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Our dentist has started only taking patients 12 and older. My hubby and I like him so much we don't want to leave, but we wondered if there is a good pediatric dentist anyone could recommend for the kids?

2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

My kids (6, 10 & 15) have been going to Lane & Associates, they don't always see the same dentist, but they love everyone they've seen, my 6 yo started going there when he was 4, and was petrified initially, now he looks forward to going to the dentist, lol

3. MWB

MWB Member

Its not a pediatric dentist, but Dr. Zombek at Clayton Smiles on 42 is fabulous with kids. There is a pediatric dentist in Garner at White Oak, I forget their name, there is one in Clayton near Dr. McNutt (orthodontist) on 70 in Clayton.

4. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

My 6 year old goes to Riccobene and associates. He LOVES them. They give you a token for the vending machines in the lobby and he is thrilled.

We went this week and he was actually skipping in! We started when he was 2 and Dr. R let him sit on my lap while he counted his teeth. That was it for the first visit and it got him hooked.

5. Jenna's Mom

Jenna's Mom Well-Known Member

I have 2 kids on the Autism Spectrum (one 8 and one 4). We used Dr. Ledenyi at Clayton Pediatric Dentistry for the first time a month or two ago. The staff handled my children superbly! Most of the cleaning service is done by a tech, but then Dr. Ledenyi will go in and examine the child's mouth. He has a very gentle 'chair side' manner. My daughter was getting a little anxious towards the end of her exam and he spoke soothingly to her, stroking her cheek as he worked to try to keep her calm (and it did). I couldn't be more pleased with the way he handled my daughter's care, full of compassion. I almost wish he would see adults!

Also, they use a lot of all natural organic type things throughout the facility (the take home bag included Tom's all natural toothpaste) and have an almost holistic feel in the office and waiting room.

http://cpd4kids.com/

6. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

I think its called Garner Pediatrics Denistry right behind the Target at White Oak.. They are great ;)