Primary Care Doctor

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Resident, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I am looking for a new primary care doctor in the McGee's Crossroads, 40/42, Clayton, or Garner area. Just for routine yearly physicals and occasional sick visits for myself. A female dr. would be a plus. I was seeing a FNP at Johnston Medical when they were at McGee's and when she left, I was switched to three different doctors over the past year there. I really am hoping to find someone who I will feel comfortable with and be able to see consistently instead of being shuffled around. Any suggestions or feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks!

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've seen Joan Meehan at Clayton Medical for at least 8 years. No complaints at all. She listens.

3. Resident

I've heard her name before. Thanks for reminding me. I think maybe I've heard good things about her. Maybe I'll call their office and see if they take my insurance.

Thanks!

4. B&L'SMoM

B&L'SMoM Guest

:iagree: She is a great doctor!

5. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

I see Allison Eldridge at Clayton Medical. Have been for the past few years. Saw Dr. Capps before that at CM as well. Nice people.

6. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Dr Wanda Godfrey at Wake Urgent Care is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. JellyBean

JellyBean Well-Known Member

Dr Robert Dawkins

Horizon Family Medicine on Hwy 42 toward Clayton.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

She was actually at Johnston Family before moving to Wake Urgent up on 42

9. Resident

He was also at Johnston Family by Medicap on 210 before they moved. I saw him originally, then the FNP there, then another Dr... Then the moved up on Hwy 42 and I've seen two different people there for routine things. So, it's almost impossible to get a rapport with anyone when you see someone different every time. Ugh.

10. Gabi

Gabi Member

Dr. Rob Dawkins is AWESOME

My entire family, even my mom and dad go to see Dr. Dawkins. He is an amazing physician who listens, laughs, and gives you the information you need without talking down or over your head. I love Dr. Dawkins and his amazing nurse Wendy. You could not be in better hands and I work with doctors all day so I see the good, the bad and the meanies. Give them a call (919) 359-1011.

Good luck!!

11. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

:iagree:

12. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

Me too! Dr. Dawkins and Nurse Wendy are the best!