Johnson Medical - Clayton

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Feb 16, 2011.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i have got to send out a big kudos to Johnston Medical Clayton on 42. The people there were the nicest i have ever dealt with at a hospital. Upon arriving a very nice gentleman met me and asked where i needed to go and then walked me to the desk where i was checked in by a very sweet lady and then directed me to the waiting room for the Mammogram. The woman at that desk was just as friendly and nice as could be too. The mammogram (yuck) was made more bearable by the wonderful technician, Tina. She was great, never stopped carrying on a conversation which helps keep your mind off what is being squished:lol: The new machine did seem not quite as bad and Tina was very careful not to make you any more uncomfortable than what is absolutely necessary. So glad they are up there now and found out there is an Emergency Room too, did not know that:hurray:

2. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I had to take my little guy to the ER on Friday night (pink eye and ear infection..he's fine now) and was impressed by the place. It's great to have so close to home :hurray:

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I like them too. --->insert thumbs up smilie here<----

4. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

We have had to take two of our kids to their ER and cannot say enough nice things about them.

5. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

I've been to the ER twice since it was built and both times there was no one at the front desk and had to call and call for someone to show up. However, the actual medical staff is wonderful. Couldn't thank them enough.

6. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

same experience here, been there a few times, twice myself and once with my daughter and they were great, all so friendly!

7. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Nothing but good things to say about them too...DD was recently there in the ER for her diabetes and they had her in and out in just a few hours!

8. beebsy

beebsy Well-Known Member

ER

I know many of the ER Docs and RNs at the Clayton spot, and they are FABULOUS!! I wouldn't hesitate to go there or take my kids there (although, I'd rather NOT!!) :)

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Loved the staff, If Dr Levi is still there - she's worth her weight in gold!

10. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

went last night with ds for a head injury and will agree everyone was great.. from the desk, to the nurse's and docs

11. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

Sassy - hope DS is doing good after that~ I have nothing to say but good things about JMC-Clayton -- helped us tremendously when DH had a heart attack~

12. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Is this just an ER or do they have an Urgent Care type thing? thanks

13. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

It is an ER. :)

14. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2011
  15. below14thdesigns

below14thdesigns Well-Known Member

Ive been there twice. Once for myself (to rule out Galbladder issues) and once in the middle of the night with the little one (104 fever). Both times we had wonderful experiences. Very efficient, super friendly and informative.

16. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We've been twice for possible heart attack - love, love having such a great facility to close.

17. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

These folks there are absolutely wonderful. I had a little pain in my side that was concerning so I stopped in Wednesday evening to get it checked out. Although it didn't seem to be an emergency to me, these folks worked with amazing speed. I was an ER room within 10 minutes of walking in the building. In a short amount of time, they took blood work, did a sonogram & then a Cat scan. After learning that my appendix neede to be removed, I was transported to the hospital in Smithfield to have my appendix removed. I was really concerned because I've not always heard the best reviews concerning the Smithfield hospital. Wow was I wrong ... The patient rooms at Smithfield were beautiful, new & spotless. The staff & hospital at Smithfield were as impressive as those in Clayton. We are truly blessed w/wonderful medical care options in Johnston County. I couldn't have asked for better care than what I received.

18. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

We too LOVE it there! We had to go last night as well w/ our son. I took him and ran out of the car like a bolt of lightening. Security guard met me inside & said I already got it. He said when I see a parent flying in like that, I know something's up. My oldest daughter took my son in the wheelchair inside & security guard said I could just park in the 15 minute spot. They were calming in there and just very wonderful to work w/. Everyone from the receptionists, to the nurses, to the doctor to the cashier. Fantastic people! Doc listened to my concerns due to my son's many previous surgeries and just exactly how bad the cut was & where it was located. She did different kind of stitching, iv antibiotics and he is wheelchair bound for 2 weeks now. They are efficient and know their stuff. Some of my kids have a variety of issues so doc was very willing to listen and that is really important. She kept the atmosphere calm for them and it went smoothly. Very pleased w/ the care there for sure. We went there a few months ago as well when Duke messed up by NOT listening to me about our kids. Went to the 40/42 ER after one of my son's surgeries and they listened and handle everything spectacularly. Big thumbs up! I highly recommend them to anyone.

Stephanie-- mom to 7