Rosetta Stone

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Feb 28, 2011.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Odd question I know, but does anyone have a copy of the Spanish Rosetta Stone software that I can borrow? I'm not sure I want to shell out the money for it, but I'd like to see if I can use it.

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Jen,
    Understand that the Rosetta may use the Castillian Spanish, and that your travel location will have a different dialect. Most words will be interchangeable. My point is...don't rely on a formalized instruction set for your destination.
    You might want to consider augmenting this with conversational Spanish if you can locate some folks around here, from there. Check with the local schools, and see if some employees (I know of one) might like to tutor you for a small fee.

3. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Hat, would you mind sending me the information on the tutor? Thanks!

4. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Try livemocha.com. It's free and you can choose from several different languages. My Son told me it's better than Rosetta Stone.

5. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

I have the Portuguese one and my husband uses the English one..I love the way they throw the language at you from so many angles..

But sorry, I don't have the Spanish one.

Estas aprendiendo espanol or ya hablas un poco? Me gusta practicar con mi esposo, pero el le gusta habla ingles conmigo!

6. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Did you check with the public library?

7. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

Thanks for this!!!

I'm going to Europe in April, I learned today, I'm the one responsible for learning Italian. Crap. I can speak enough French to get us by but Italian? Yeah, we're screwed! :D

8. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

Just a suggestion, Johnston County community college AND Wake Tech both offer foreign language classes in the evening. I think its like $50. I took the French class a few years ago, taught by a real "French" man who was hilarous! It was great, I highly recommend it.