Lonely Seniors

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JoCoREZ, Mar 4, 2011.

1. JoCoREZ

JoCoREZ Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of an organization that finds volunteers to visit and do things with seniors? Not actualy going to nursing homes but volunteering for seniors still in their homes that are lonely? Kind of like a big brother-sister thing?

Thanks.

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I saw a commercial for Visiting Angels out of Raleigh... but they may offer a little more than what you're asking http://www.visitingangels.com/SERVICES . I imagine they offer what ever is requested, a little or a lot.

Other than that ..I'd say... check with Council on Aging?

Totally guessing here.

3. JoCoREZ

THANKS!

It looks like this org actually hires people to do the services. Thanks for suggesting it!

I am actually the potential volunteer looking to help someone, not sure that I was clear about that part :)

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Meals on Wheels is a good start. Clayton Senior Center manager is Karen (919) 553-4350

5. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Don't know how far you are from Benson, but from what I understand, the Senior Program at Benson Parks & Rec. is a big deal. They do activities at the center and I believe they do small trips and such. Maybe they could point you in the right direction; their phone number is 919-894-5117.

6. JoCoREZ

THANKS A BUNCH!