Mattress shopping

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by suzienj, Mar 4, 2011.

1. suzienj

suzienj Guest

My family is new to the area and we have been looking for new mattresses. I have been to Mattress Now and 42 Mattress and my husband didn't like either one of the stores. I found on the 4042 area facebook account a company for www.driftawaymattress.com

Has anyone bought from any of these places? We are looking for memory foam mattress. Any help is appreciated.

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

3. suzienj

suzienj Guest

We ended up this weekend buying a mattress from driftaway. They told me about Gallery Mattress in Smithfield and bought a box spring from Diane.

Looking forward to getting the mattress.

4. suzienj

suzienj Guest

Mattress came this past week from driftawaymattress. WOW is all I have to say. Great price, sleeps great and most of all the people were great too. One of the owners even called me to see if we liked it this morning.

Wanted everyone to know. Great local business!

Suzie

5. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Cool! I forgot about that thread. My dad called me last night and wanted to know if he should buy a mattress from Rooms to Go because you get a free TV with it. :lol: I told him to keep looking and decide later. It makes me think the mattress is probably overpriced and so is the TV.

6. shelly3

shelly3 Active Member

I know you already bought your mattress but I have to say the only place I will ever buy a mattress is The Original Mattress Factory. Hands down, the best! And made nearby in Raleigh.

7. suzienj

suzienj Guest

One of the criteria for our mattress purchase we made to ourselves was to find an all American made product. In our research we did we found out mattresses are an industry that is still made here. When we spoke to the Original Mattress Factory people, they confirmed that while most of the mattress was made here, they were uncertain of where the fabrics came from for the mattresses, especially the memory foam mattress we were looking for.

Jump to www.driftawaymattress.com and they can certify the product 100% is made in USA. The foams came from MS, the fabric from SC and the glue componet from TN. They even produce the cover in a plant in the Burlington, NC area. The mattress is shipped from a plant in MO. Mr. Sebrenick, the owner, even offered to show me a certificate proving this.

When I went to 42 Mattress and Matress Now, neither one could confirm if the product was mfg here completely or not.

With the economy and other aspects, including our own personal budget, we decided on an all American made product and one that so far we are very happy with.