Good Place For Crab Legs?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Apr 20, 2011.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

DH and DS love crab legs and I'm looking for some sort of all you can eat place, becasue that boy can eat them faster than you can crack them, LOL. I know there is that Chinese restaurant on Capital, but any other options?

We stopped as some place on the way to beach a few years ago that had awesome ones, but I can't remember where it was or the name of the place, darn it.

And I know I can fix them myself and I have in the past, but I'd like to save the mess for another time. :cheers:

Thanks!!

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I don't know if they still offer it, but Shuckers off Capital Blvd. used to be the place to go. That's what I craved when I was pregnant, we would go about 3 times a month. And you might check 42nd Street Oyster Bar too.

3. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

I'd like to know as well! I've even been waiting for harris Teeter to have a sale so I can stock up!

4. steve

steve Well-Known Member

right below a crab's hips

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

There is always Crabby Patty's on the way to Morehead. But you have to make sure you walk into the correct end of the building as the other end is a bait and tackle shop.

6. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Red lobster???

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the suggestions folks!:cheers:

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Don't laugh as it's true.....located in Havelock.

Note in the picture below.

[​IMG]

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Oh, I believed you about the name of the restaurant, I was laughing about walking into the wrong side. ; ) It reminded me of when I was a kid because for the longest time, I wouldn't eat shrimp! We used great big ones for bait when we used to visit my grandparents in FL and I couldn't bring myself to eat them, LOL.

Those were the days, fishing right in the Indian River from their back yard. :cheers: That was great up until they found a gator in the pool. :jester:

10. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

There is a fish market on Hwy 70 in Clayton, next to McCalls that sells crab legs by the pound. We have bought from them several times and they are outstanding. Usually in the $6 to $8 range per pound and they are (if i recall correctly) the "D" size, which is bigger that what you get in stores and most restaurants.

11. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

Size D! I'm in! Love those "D's"

12. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I'm not a crab leg lover, but my husband and oldest daughter love them. They got some at Red Lobster a few weeks ago and said they were good. By the way, Red Lobster is crazy busy on the weekends! We got there at 5:00 on a Saturday and still had to wait half an hour. Our waitress told us it stays full and there's usually a wait anytime from about noon - late night on Saturday and Sundays.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

The Red Lobster in Cary is not good to me, so I really didn't consider them. Was more looking for some place local (Garner, Raleigh) that will either keep them on the buffet or bring 'em to the table. I don't really want to cook them myself right at the moment, but I'm guessing I may have too. :cheers:

14. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

There is a place in Fuquay that has Chinese buffet and aall you can eat crab legs. Near the 55 split.

15. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

We stopped in at A'Nets in Knightdale today and bought some crab legs for $9.99/lb. We also got some shrimp and their awesome jumbo lump crab cakes! Everything they have is fresh and good...we have sampled a lot of it!

Hopefully, they will be serving a take-out menu in about 2 weeks. They were going to have a sit-down restaurant, but apparently the retrofit was going to be insane to comply with Wake County, so they are having all takeout. I am looking forward to stopping in and grabbing something steamed to go now and then! They are really nice folks and I hope they do well. Give 'em a try!

http://www.anetskatch.com/

16. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

This place sure sounds like worth a try!

17. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Oh, wow...just finished dinner...can...not...move...
    The crab legs and steamed shrimp were awesome!! Steamed them in a tall pot with about 2 inches of chicken stock with 2 tablespoons of old bay and some hot smoked sausage at the bottom. Baby new potatoes, homemade slaw, and corn on the cob on the side. We will absolutely be back. The crab legs were perfect! Definitely worth a try.:cheers:

18. snapper

snapper Well-Known Member

You should also try the Shuck-em-Shack out in White Oak by the Movie theater.

Their crab legs are awesome!!

19. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Ummm I am sure some of the local bars have their share of crabs.

20. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

There's a place in Wake Forest that's good....in the middle of their "downtown"....I'll think of it in a minute.